House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Liverpool Teenagers Sentenced For Homeless Man's Murder

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-22155807

Three teenagers who murdered a homeless man in Liverpool for a dare have been given custodial sentences.

Liverpool Crown Court heard Kevin Bennett, 53, was attacked as he slept outside a supermarket on 17 August.

He suffered a fractured eye socket, a collapsed lung and a broken ribcage and died in hospital six days later.

Brothers Connor and Brandon Doran, aged 17 and 14, and Simon Evans, 14, were told they would be detained until the home secretary approved their release.

Passing sentence, Judge Clement Goldstone QC, the Recorder of Liverpool, said: "I think it is a desperately sad reflection on this society that each of you was party to serious violence purely for the sake of it."

An appalling crime and all for a "dare".

Although I'm surprised the tabloids haven't lowered themselves and gone with a clockwork orange theme.

Stupid kids egging each other on, same as the Janie Bulger murderers.

It tells you nothing about society other than that some children are out of control, and some always have been.

More to it than a dare. The older brother is already in prison for another murder, the mother jailed for perverting the course of justice, another brother for contempt of court (photographing the courtroom, jury intimidation?) Those wastes of DNA will be in and out of the justice system all their lives.

It's alright, it was only a tramp, not a real person. I expect that's why they got so much less than life sentences.

It's certainly why I stayed well clear of city streets when I was homeless. Out in the sticks you don't (generally) face hate-crime for it.

It's alright, it was only a tramp, not a real person. I expect that's why they got so much less than life sentences.

It's certainly why I stayed well clear of city streets when I was homeless. Out in the sticks you don't (generally) face hate-crime for it.

You don't sentence 14 year olds to life AFAIK, think age is the main factor.

I don't think anybody regards tramps as fair game. I know somebody who when threatening people would sometimes say that he kicked a tramp to death and say where he did it (similar to Mick Philpott threatening his women that if they left him they might get the multiple stabbing he did to an earlier girlfriend who left him). I reported it to the police in case they did have any unsolved killings in that town so that they could interview him. I don't know what if anything they have done but I would love to see him convicted if it did actually happen.

Hate-crime?

You think these thugs turn into little angels when theyre not around the homeless?

The only reason the man is dead is because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Could have killed someone for being ginger, black, old, gay, a goth, disabled, a tourist etc etc. Or so the papers and govt would tell us.

the only reason he is dead is because they wanted him dead, not because of what he was.

Hate-crime?

You think these thugs turn into little angels when theyre not around the homeless?

The only reason the man is dead is because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Could have killed someone for being ginger, black, old, gay, a goth, disabled, a tourist etc etc. Or so the papers and govt would tell us.

the only reason he is dead is because they wanted him dead, not because of what he was.

I'd disagree with that.

They didn't kill each other.

It was because of what 'he was', whether that was ginger, black, old, gay, a goth, disabled, a tourist, whichever category they chose as different to, or lower in status, or worth less than them on that night.

It was interesting to note that the judge commented that some of the thugs had made progress since being on remand and in institutional care. The problem will be whether the system fails them when they transition from juvenile to adult detention.

Terrible what was created, and sad for all concerned.

I'd disagree with that.

They didn't kill each other.

It was because of what 'he was', whether that was ginger, black, old, gay, a goth, disabled, a tourist, whichever category they chose as different to, or lower in status, or worth less than them on that night.

It was interesting to note that the judge commented that some of the thugs had made progress since being on remand and in institutional care. The problem will be whether the system fails them when they transition from juvenile to adult detention.

Terrible what was created, and sad for all concerned.

They have a pack mentality. Had the homeless man joined their pack, by gaining their respect by offering them drugs or by beating someone else, he would join their pack and could of joined in the killing of some other poor random sod in the wrong place.

That the man was homeless is irrelevant.

Sorry, but trying to rationalize it as him being 'targeted' because he was homeless is a red herring. The only people targeted are people who are alone, in smaller numbers, or visibly weaker than the pack. This goes for all so called 'hate crimes' They care not that he was homeless, just that they could kill him.

They have a pack mentality. Had the homeless man joined their pack, by gaining their respect by offering them drugs or by beating someone else, he would join their pack and could of joined in the killing of some other poor random sod in the wrong place.

That the man was homeless is irrelevant.

Sorry, but trying to rationalize it as him being 'targeted' because he was homeless is a red herring. The only people targeted are people who are alone, in smaller numbers, or visibly weaker than the pack. This goes for all so called 'hate crimes' They care not that he was homeless, just that they could kill him.

Ok, I'd agree with that.

he was different

these scum coming to a LHA flat near you some time soon.

these scum coming to a LHA flat near you some time soon.

But who are the scum? The convicted children, the mother, or the family unit. Are they less scum if separated ?

Hypothetically, if someone's neighbour fostered children like these that were on a pathway to prison, are the children scum and should the neighbours expect the foster parent to move elsewhere ?

But who are the scum? The convicted children, the mother, or the family unit. Are they less scum if separated ?

Hypothetically, if someone's neighbour fostered children like these that were on a pathway to prison, are the children scum and should the neighbours expect the foster parent to move elsewhere ?

all of them.

3 murdering scum.

scum mum.

scum brothers.

it matters not why, they are scum now.