House Price Crash Forum

Buyers Lose Out On House Price Wager

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

"buyers asked not to stop buying now as they would risk being socially castigated if they didn't",says A+L.

...classic emotional blackmail if ever I saw it.

...but in response to A+L.....renters aren't worried about that.

they are more worried about their jobs at the moment....a lot of them have had redundancy notices,and may be at risk of losing their jobs......they aren't in the mood to buy.

even renting,they are going to want a cheaper solution...so the future is HMO's.....not 2-bed mewbuilds.

HOLA446
"In recent years, the majority of those who waited to see if house prices would fall before buying found that they had waited in vain because prices rose," Leonard said. "It remains to be seen whether waiting will pay off going forward."

In other words... In a rising market it has been a bad move to not buy (no argument from me there). But now the market is different we can't be sure that is true anymore. Renting may not, or may be the better bet going forward.

HOLA447
Guest Charlie The Tramp

Having receved a telephone call from the Investment Manager of my bank today, I came to the conclusion during the call they are getting desperate.

When they suggest that poor pensioners like myself are needed to boost theit profits surely there is something wrong. :)

I have noticed the MEW brokers are in overdrive with their advertising, so with the A&L trying to frighten the punters, the future does not look very bright ( apologies to Orange )

HOLA448

"In recent years, the majority of those who waited to see if house prices would fall before buying found that they had waited in vain because prices rose,"

Did anybody else spot the key word?

Does the A&L only hold figures for seven years.....seems a bit strange

LOL... Charlie,

I'm getting it at least 8 or 9 times a week!

I get calls from their money markets people ( withdrew the lot because they cant even match ING for a return) the insurance department, the life insurance people, the credit card people (i have one with them why do I need 8 or 9 more!), the loan people, the merchant banking people.....I went to the butty shop round the corner and saw my manager in there, said hello and swapped some pleasantries and he says 'you must come in and let me have a look if theres anything we can do for you'....in the bloomin' butty shop!

The poor girls on the tills must be getting it in the ear because you can see how awkward they feel trying to flog you something when you've just nipped in to pay a bill.

Edited by slater14

HOLA449

Having receved a telephone call from the Investment Manager of my bank today, I came to the conclusion during the call they are getting desperate.

When they suggest that poor pensioners like myself are needed to boost theit profits surely there is something wrong. :)

I have noticed the MEW brokers are in overdrive with their advertising, so with the A&L trying to frighten the punters, the future does not look very bright ( apologies to Orange )

MEW ha.

Stuff from NU, "Over 50 why not MEW for something, (usual quoted), conservatory, cruise, car".

Cards, cards, cards.

Want to borrow, blah blah.

Introducing charges on "Premium" bank accounts 'cos they've seen they haven't made anything from you.

I bet there are some of the financial institutions' employees wondering how they are going to meet their targets.

HOLA4410

what were they trying to sell you Charlie?

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

:o Oh no house prices according to that article could just go up and up and up (just like a balloon) - May be it's me but I thought that what goes up must come down....I can't see house prices going up and up and up from this point on. They've already reached their peak in my opinion.

Rising unemployment, economic recession is just around the corner. Give it until after Christmas... Although who knows perhaps the price of a house will be 3 trillion pounds next year but if that's the case then who wants one anyhow and just how many would be sold at that price? Better to rent that tie the noose of obscene debt round one's neck :blink:

HOLA4413

Cool.. I earn above average..

So I should buy below that..

Devon..

£180,000 terraced two bed house.

Salary £22,500

take home £1440

.. hmmnn..

But it would take a decade of every penny that I earn just to pay back the capital..

and I thought interest was the biggest hit.

1064.28 for monthly repayment... That could be a little tight...

But hold it.. at interest only that would be:

£750

I can afford it... providing I never pay back capital

Whoopee.. I am on the housing ladder......:)

Where'e that bank... I need to get me some debt...

£750 a month.. £100 for council tax.. another £100 on bills...

£950..

£100 on petrol..

£1050...

Car innsurance, house innsurance etc..

I am old.. both will be £100

£1150..

£300 left..

I havent eaten yet.. repaired the house.. repaired the car..

nothing can ever go wrong as I can't afford it..

Best VI article ever?

two weeks after three news chanels in one night defined the market as crashing..

the sky news showing houses rising in bubbles... popping and crashing..

But kiddies its almost too late ..

Buy now.

HOLA4414