House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

European Non-Performing Loans

The reason the figure is so high for Ireland is that there has pratically been no repossessions, so there is a very large backlogue of people who have not paid their mortgage for over a year, and over 20k who have not paid a penny for 2+ years.

The law preventing repossessions was changed earlier this month, so I expect Ireland figure to reduce over the coming year.

The reason the figure is so high for Ireland is that there has pratically been no repossessions, so there is a very large backlogue of people who have not paid their mortgage for over a year, and over 20k who have not paid a penny for 2+ years.

The law preventing repossessions was changed earlier this month, so I expect Ireland figure to reduce over the coming year.

Quite right - we can't have debt relief for the average man on the street. Only the cream of the financial system should have their debts paid or reduced.

Ironically, once the banks start repossessing they are going to be forced into writing down their asset sheet instead of pretending that everything is OK. I'd anticipate more banking system turmoil in Ireland but by this stage I think they've managed to leave the toxic debt baby fully in the arms of the Irish state and the foreign banks and financial institutions are no longer exposed to it. Mission accomplished. Too bad for them that Ireland doesn't have much gold to loot at rock-bottom prices.

Quite right - we can't have debt relief for the average man on the street. Only the cream of the financial system should have their debts paid or reduced.

Ironically, once the banks start repossessing they are going to be forced into writing down their asset sheet instead of pretending that everything is OK. I'd anticipate more banking system turmoil in Ireland but by this stage I think they've managed to leave the toxic debt baby fully in the arms of the Irish state and the foreign banks and financial institutions are no longer exposed to it. Mission accomplished. Too bad for them that Ireland doesn't have much gold to loot at rock-bottom prices.

So we can expect an Irish Bail In shortly then?