House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

Cheating Shrikers Could Lose Benefits For 3 Years.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/392015/New-blitz-on-benefit-cheats-Worst-offenders-will-lose-payouts-for-up-to-THREE-years

The crackdown aims to claw back £1billion a year lost to a “scurrilous minority”.

As part of a radical overhaul of the welfare system, repeat offenders will lose their benefits for 13 weeks, 26 weeks or three years, depending on the severity of their crime.

Last year 10,000 people were caught cheating the system.

Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith’s fresh war on the workshy will also see hit squads sent to flush out suspect claimants.

He said: “We’re telling these repeat offenders – if you cheat the system, you could lose your benefits for up to three years.

Wow £1bn saved, that will plug the deficit gap....

Shrikers to blame for all of UKs problems. Soon it will be people only working 37.5hrs a week to blame for fall in tax revenues. If only people worked longer and earned more we would all be saved.

Shrikers to blame for all of UKs problems. Soon it will be people only working 37.5hrs a week to blame for fall in tax revenues. If only people worked longer and earned more we would all be saved.

Let me guess: a few people who have made minor mistakes in the Kafkaesque benefits system will be punished by being reduced to penuary.

Those who really do know how to play the system and set out to do so will be unaffected.

I guess this would leave people two choices, they can either go without food for three years or they can rob and steal to get food.

Let me guess: a few people who have made minor mistakes in the Kafkaesque benefits system will be punished by being reduced to penuary.

Those who really do know how to play the system and set out to do so will be unaffected.

Yes. In my experience it's the new claimants that catch the flak, lifers know all the angles and might even get a steer from the other side of the counter. I guess like every other profession you have to work you're way up from the bottom learning as you go.

I guess this would leave people two choices, they can either go without food for three years or they can rob and steal to get food.

Or a third.

Get a job.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/392015/New-blitz-on-benefit-cheats-Worst-offenders-will-lose-payouts-for-up-to-THREE-years

In other words, they actually do have solid proof that some people cheat the benefit system... a fractiion of 1% of all claimants...

BURN ALL CLAIMANTS! THEY ARE WITCHES!

forcing people into robbery and theft fills all the privatised jails for their cronies profits

- funded by money taken directly from the Taxpayer (who ends up paying Billions more)

Edited by erranta

Or a third.

Get a job.

a job is irrelevant, they should just go out and get some money.

Basically what you are saying is that if everyone had more money, everyone would be richer.

Not far off saying that if everyone loved one another there would be world peace.

Shirkers? I thought shrikers meant strikers at first!

As in shirkers vs workers.

The rhyming catch-phrase being the epitome of modern political thought it would seem...

Edited by pyracantha

And where are these jobs? :lol::lol::lol:

If the reason they were 'cheating' was they already had a job then the job is there - just being filled by someone also claiming benefits.

There was one case recently where the woman would have actually got more money had she declared she had the job.

Beat me to it. This would just lead to crime and the government knows it.

They'll u-turn and admit it's a mistake when someone points it out to them.

The only way to bring the benefits bill down is to provide some alternative way of housing and feeding the unwashed unwanted masses. They'll have to think out of the box on this one.

Or they could just fall back on existing contingency plans already available to them under existing laws.

Beat me to it. This would just lead to crime and the government knows it.

Because these people are already criminals for presumably working and claiming or whatever 'cheating' they've done to the benefits system.

£1bn is just the bonus pot for bankers subsidised by the taxpayer

The work house?

Doesn't matter what you do to the unemployed, stop paying them benefits it won't save money. They will find other means to support themselves mainly crime which when they get caught and locked up costs a shit load more to keep them than benefits.

If you want to bring the benefits bill down then tackle house prices.

Plus you cannot pick on a tiny minority that is the out of work, while ignoring pensioners who claim the majority of benefits and others while still claiming we are all in it together.

A story....

Someone I know, early 30s, has 6 kids, always claimed benefits.

new car on mobility (dodgy foot), house paid for by council etc

works cash in hand 5 days a week (in heavy duty outside work), each kid had a PS3, IPAD, TV in their room etc.

always drinking, smoking etc etc

Would you grass them up if you knew him?

Because these people are already criminals for presumably working and claiming or whatever 'cheating' they've done to the benefits system.

Because people faced with no other way of supporting their families will turn to crime.

It' the reason we have benefits... to keep crime levels down.

Basically what you are saying is that if everyone had more money, everyone would be richer.

Not far off saying that if everyone loved one another there would be world peace.

In fact I would say that saying that if everyone loved one another there would be world peace makes more sense.:D

A story....

Someone I know, early 30s, has 6 kids, always claimed benefits.

new car on mobility (dodgy foot), house paid for by council etc

works cash in hand 5 days a week (in heavy duty outside work), each kid had a PS3, IPAD, TV in their room etc.

always drinking, smoking etc etc

Would you grass them up if you knew him?

No.

I'd grass on the MPs fiddling their expenses first. Then there's all those Dukes et al being paid millions for their spare 50,000 acres.

Meanwhile, if you have a 'spare' bedroom you get some of your measly benefits taken away.

Shirkers? I thought shrikers meant strikers at first!

No! They are people who shrike, when nobody is looking! ;)

I can see the government stripping single men of their benefits so forcing them to make money in other ways, criminal if nothing else is available.

No way would they strip anybody with children of beenfits, they can just carry on as they were before.

Mental idea. And I'm for serious and wide-reaching benefit reform.