House Price Crash Forum
iamnumerate

Slavery Ends In Some Parts Of London

Good news in some places people no longer have to give others a lifestyle they can't afford.

Although of course the limit should be lower. All we need now is a swiss style cap on director's earnings

A government-imposed cap on many benefit payments nationwide is beginning in four London boroughs.

Couples and lone parents in Haringey, Enfield, Croydon and Bromley will not receive more than £500 a week while a £350 limit applies to single people.

The cap is set to be imposed across England, Scotland and Wales between July and September.

My link

Real slavery is working to maintain a class of ultrarich idle scroungers which we all still do.

Benefits are a side show to distract us and remember it doesn't take a lot for anyone of us to end up on benefits too...

Real slavery is working to maintain a class of ultrarich idle scroungers which we all still do.

Yep, there is a layer of scum living of the proceeds via the priviledge of issuing the currency and then manipulating that issuance to the benefit of themselves, goes right across the banking systen including the disgusting troughers at the central bank and their multi million pension pots, which they have very successfully traded based on inside information in regards the running of the prinitng presses.

""They"" will get the same amount of money whether they are living in Kensington or Leeds

It`s the Land lords that get the cream of the cake

A lot of landlords are about to find that the cake is now going to have a maximum size, which is a lot less than it was before.

I predict rent arrears in these areas will go through the roof.

Got to say Tony Blair and now John Reid have a point when they criticise Milliband for having no poicies on welfare and is a party of protest not policy.

It does get anybodys back up who isn't on welfare. Knowing welfare recipients that manage to smoke forty a day doesn't help me conclude that it is well spent either and is far more than my weekly discressionary spend alone. Not withstanding the fact they have little stake in Society assets-wise and drowning your sorrows in fags, booze and chancing ten lines on lotto every week might be understandable.

Edited by crashmonitor

A lot of landlords are about to find that the cake is now going to have a maximum size, which is a lot less than it was before.

I predict rent arrears in these areas will go through the roof.

Wonder if they have orchestrated a financial safety net to see them through the tougher times. ;)

Benefits are a side show to distract us and remember it doesn't take a lot for anyone of us to end up on benefits too...

End up on benefits? There are people who start off with the intention off living on benefits.

Also read the whole post I also said

All we need now is a swiss style cap on director's earnings

""They"" will get the same amount of money whether they are living in Kensington or Leeds

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22149669

This woman who was on the equivalent of £40k p.a working from home seems to think she is losing money.

Actually I don't mind who is losing money - I know that I as a tax payer am paying less.

What I don't understand.

- why limit housing benefit to £400/week when you're about to limit total benefits to £500/week?

- why limit total benefits to £500/week when you're about to introduce universal credit?

There's no joined up thinking.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-22149669

This woman who was on the equivalent of £40k p.a working from home seems to think she is losing money.

Actually I don't mind who is losing money - I know that I as a tax payer am paying less.

Kids won`t get to scout camp? Boo f*ucking hoo. This woman needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Not her fault though that rent seekers and bankers have pushed housing costs way up. Hopefully these other parasites will soon be taking losses as well.

What I don't understand.

- why limit housing benefit to £400/week when you're about to limit total benefits to £500/week?

- why limit total benefits to £500/week when you're about to introduce universal credit?

There's no joined up thinking.

I agree but they are still an improvement on the benefits party aka new labour

Kids won`t get to scout camp? Boo f*ucking hoo. This woman needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Not her fault though that rent seekers and bankers have pushed housing costs way up. Hopefully these other parasites will soon be taking losses as well.

It is almost comedy

It is almost comedy

Yep, high housing costs are the problem, and I suspect many sheeple now acknowledge this fact, although the bbc it seems like to keep using the "it is just how it is, I need high benefits/borrowing to pay my housing costs" meme? Because of course rents and house prices are permanently fixed at high levels and can never ever come down :lol:

Yes, but currently housing benefit claimants can afford to live in Kensington, while the taxpayers who pay their rent can't. If HB claimants have to move further out of central London, somebody who pays their own rent can move further in. It's not just about money, it's also about allocation of housing.

+ 1

Good summary.

Yes, but currently housing benefit claimants can afford to live in Kensington, while the taxpayers who pay their rent can't. If HB claimants have to move further out of central London, somebody who pays their own rent can move further in. It's not just about money, it's also about allocation of housing.

As someone who will soon have to commute to Kensington this seems to me very unfair.

Good news in some places people no longer have to give others a lifestyle they can't afford.

Although of course the limit should be lower. All we need now is a swiss style cap on director's earnings

My link

Nice to see how the BBC gets its "balanced" view on issues. Under the news you've linked the BBC asks for comments, but from this group only :

Are you a benefits claimant who lives in the affected London boroughs? Send us your comments and experiences using the form below.

Name

Your E-mail address

Town & Country

Your telephone number

Comments

If you are happy to be contacted by a BBC journalist please leave a telephone number that we can contact you on. In some cases a selection of your comments will be published, displaying your name as you provide it and location, unless you state otherwise. Your contact details will never be published. When sending us pictures, video or eyewitness accounts at no time should you endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or infringe any laws. Please ensure you have read the terms and conditions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-22149669

You fall for their manipulating propaganda everytime

Setting up people like this to distract the population

While Auto Grand Wealth Theft goes completely unnoticed (by the 1%)

Ask yourself everytime - Why was that wind-up report posted

Ask yourself why we never see in mainstream press the yearly huge amounts (Trillions) in PFi bungs to elite cronies firms promising away taxpayer cash up to 50 years ahead

The bankers get to keep a huge slice for setting up the money

Edited by erranta

Ask yourself why we never see in mainstream press the yearly huge amounts (Trillions) in PFi bungs to elite cronies firms promising away taxpayer cash up to 50 years ahead

Third time of posting this

All we need now is a swiss style cap on director's earnings

Why are people in favour of the current system of HB incapable of reading two lines?

Not really.

People in Leeds will get more.

HB levels are supposed to be set at the 30th percentile rent across the country, but in many parts of London a cap on maximum HB rates (separate from the £26k cap) kicks in, and the maximum HB is well below 30th percentile.

In addition, if you have a benefit-funded house in Leeds, that might cost the tax payer £6,000/year, leaving you to claim up to £20k/more in benefits, but in London a similar house might cost the tax payer £20k/year, leaving just £6k in other benefits maximum.

In addiiton, if you want to top-up, to a more expensive house, because the actual rents are much higher, in London/SE, the cost of doing so there is likely to be prohibitive (hundreds of pounds per month), whereas in Leeds it would be much less (maybe only £50/month).

Basically, this.

What we have isn't a lack of resources per-se, or a lack of money.

What we have is a disastrous mis-allocation of resources.

As deflation sets in the elites will be creaming far less.You can`t really cream much off a shite?

Edited by dances with sheeple

Kids won`t get to scout camp? Boo f*ucking hoo. This woman needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

Exactly right. I remember when I was at school in the 80s the poor kids had tokens for their school dinners and just didn't go on the organised ski trips or scout camps. Of course it isn't nice, but for some reason during the last government we decided that we could start supporting claimants to a better standard of living than those working to provide it. It wasn't going to work forever, but it must be hard for the people who have got used to it.

he also mentions having to cut down on gas and electricity usage, but obviously fails to realise that this is happening to a lot of working people as well.

Not her fault though that rent seekers and bankers have pushed housing costs way up. Hopefully these other parasites will soon be taking losses as well.

I think it is just the general feeling of financial well being that the Labour government tried to inject into the country - let rich people profit massively for doing next to nothing and then pay the unemployed more for doing absolutely nothing because they appear unreasonably poor in comparison

Edited by worried1