House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Justin Bieber Hopes Anne Frank 'would Have Been A Belieber'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/apr/14/justin-bieber-anne-frank-belieber

Teenage heartthrob and recent controversy magnet Justin Bieber has again left the internet slack-jawed, this time over comments left at the Anne Frank House.

The Canadian pop star used part of his downtime from touring the cities of Europe to visit the Amsterdam hiding place of the young Holocaust victim, which has since been turned into a museum.

Alas, in comments left in the Anne Frank House guest book, he opened himself up to ridicule and online anger.

"Truly inspiring to be able to come here," he offered. So far, so acceptable. Then came the hand-slap-forehead moment: "Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber."

Taking self promotion to whole new levels.

I doubt Justin Bieber has the mental resources to understand the meaning of holocaust. He might think it's some sort of Playstation game. That brings me back to 20 years ago, when I came back home from a visit to Amsterdam. My then boss asked me what naughty things I did in Holland. I replied I went to the Anne Frank's house. He said; "Did you shag her?".

Don't think its a big deal.

Just some young kid trying to say something nice and not doing a very good job of it.

Don't think its a big deal.

Just some young kid trying to say something nice and not doing a very good job of it.

Agreed. It was crass but wasn't intended to be. You could read it as meaning, "I hope I would have been worthy of her admiration."

I was very angry when I initially read what he had written.

Then I realised who he is and, more importantly, I thought about Anne Frank - she probably would be one of the last people to wish us to persecute someone else so I am just going with the flow and thinking he is a naive, self-centred young man who tried to say something nice but failed...and that it looks like blatant self-publicity.

We all say or do or write stupid things, especially when young - it is just most of them never get reported in the global media.

Agreed. It was crass but wasn't intended to be. You could read it as meaning, "I hope I would have been worthy of her admiration."

Frank reminded him of his fans -- not crass at all, unless you think he secretly holds his fans in contempt.

His naivety was not to realise that Holocaustianity is even more touchy about blasphemy against its saints than Islam.

Frank reminded him of his fans -- not crass at all, unless you think he secretly holds his fans in contempt.

His naivety was not to realise that Holocaustianity is even more touchy about blasphemy against its saints than Islam.

I was reading about the Anne Frank tree yesterday. All very odd. It makes revering the bones of saints seem positively rational...

Eleven saplings from the tree are being distributed in the United States to museums, schools, parks and Holocaust remembrance centers through a project led by The Anne Frank Center USA. The first sapling will be planted in April 2013 at The Children's Museum of Indianapolis. Other saplings are being sent to a New York City park honoring 9-11 victims, a Little Rock, Arkansas school that was the center of a desegregation battle and sites in Massachusetts, California, Idaho, Michigan and Washington, D.C..[24]

I agree. Given that he's young - I'd be prepared to believe it was a clumsy way to say something nice.

And, he's probably right. There's a pretty good chance given his fan base, that if she were growing up nowadays she would have been a fan too. The sad fact is that her and many thousands of others didn't (and don't) get to live out their days as they should.