House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Cougars On The Rise Because Women Look Better In Their 40S

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/9993173/Cougars-on-the-rise-because-women-look-better-in-their-40s-actress-Helen-McCrory-says.html

In her latest film Flying Blind McCrory, 44, plays an older woman in love with a younger man for the second time in her career - and believes that the fascination with the topic is a case of art imitating life.

The rise of the cougar is down to the fact that attitudes are changing and it is no longer inappropriate to be sexy at 40, the wife of Homeland actor Damian Lewis has claimed.

"Literature is reflecting what is happening in life," she told the Observer.

"More and more women are having relationships with younger men. It's partly that women are not losing their figures now. They no longer feel it inappropriate to be sexual at 40 in the way many did 50 or 60 years ago.”

Fill your boots.

At 18 a guy can be pretty choosy

At 58, anything that smiles back is a bonus.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/9993173/Cougars-on-the-rise-because-women-look-better-in-their-40s-actress-Helen-McCrory-says.html

"More and more women are having relationships with younger men. It's partly that women are not losing their figures now.They no longer feel it inappropriate to be sexual at 40 in the way many did 50 or 60 years ago.”

Fill your boots.

having spent some time in the North of England, is that because its already gone by 20?

Smiling, with real teeth? ;)

Smiling, with real teeth? ;)

now you are being choosey again.

In her latest film Flying Blind in other words this is a puff piece for a film very thinly disguised as 'news' and implanted into a newspaper designed to 'get people talking' (hopefully about the film). It worked as well....

In her latest film Flying Blind in other words this is a puff piece for a film very thinly disguised as 'news' and implanted into a newspaper designed to 'get people talking' (hopefully about the film). It worked as well....

Indeedy, when the reviews are limp, grasp at straws...

McCrory does have an eye catching pair of norks though

What can I say? I'm male

As i was told years ago. As a bloke its tough when you are young.

However when you reach your 30's ?

The burds come to you.

It is so very true.

LOL at the idea of women looking better in their 40s.

They look best between 18 and 25 - no question.

In East Glasgow it's quite rare to find a woman older than 35. Alive.

Actually, if you look after yourself the 40s onwards starts to get very interesting. You begin to have a wider and wider range of women interested in you - from late teens through to mid 50s and all in-between.

Actually, if you look after yourself the 40s onwards starts to get very interesting. You begin to have a wider and wider range of women interested in you - from late teens through to mid 50s and all in-between.

Any late teen girl interested in a man in their 40s is either a psychopath gold-digger or has a major father issue.

Any late teen girl interested in a man in their 40s is either a psychopath gold-digger or has a major father issue.

I'd be happy to help in either case :D

Hit the half century a while back, and I must admit, the amount of attention I get now is far greater than 20 years ago. Admittedly, I do tend to dress a bit smarter than I did back then, but I suspect it's because, as the piece suggests, women are far more sure of themselves now than they have ever been before.

Luckily I'm a happily 'shacked up' man, so the game is played for amusement nowadays.

I'd be happy to help in either case :D

Hit the half century a while back, and I must admit, the amount of attention I get now is far greater than 20 years ago. Admittedly, I do tend to dress a bit smarter than I did back then, but I suspect it's because, as the piece suggests, women are far more sure of themselves now than they have ever been before.

Luckily I'm a happily 'shacked up' man, so the game is played for amusement nowadays.

Would you? I wouldn't.

There have been a couple of my stepdaughter's sluttish friends who showed distinct interest, and even if I could take the risk, I wouldn't.

Nasty (but pretty) creatures, like pretty little snakes.

Yes, I agree. But nonetheless, it is bizarre when you see it.

I have a friend who is about 7 or 8 years older than me and when I was in my late 30s he warned me that what I wrote above would happen. I laughed it off. I thought it was ridiculous. But it happens. Talk to other men in those age groups and many will tell you similar stories.

Would you? I wouldn't.

There have been a couple of my stepdaughter's sluttish friends who showed distinct interest, and even if I could take the risk, I wouldn't.

Nasty (but pretty) creatures, like pretty little snakes.

As I posted, happy with my current partner, who is only a few years younger than me.

If I were single again, why not? It's not as if there would be any long term future in a relationship between a teenager and somebody in their 40/50's, and I've dealt with 'pretty little snakes' in the past.

As I posted, happy with my current partner, who is only a few years younger than me.

If I were single again, why not? It's not as if there would be any long term future in a relationship between a teenager and somebody in their 40/50's, and I've dealt with 'pretty little snakes' in the past.

I think it is YOUR pretty little snake they are after.

In East Glasgow it's quite rare to find a woman older than 35. Alive.

.......when do the men pop their cloggs then?.....I have noticed it is the women from long term relationships that fair much better when their partners die.....the men I find often find it far harder to cope on their own after being in a close relationship for a fair number of years..... ;)

.......when do the men pop their cloggs then?.....I have noticed it is the women from long term relationships that fair much better when their partners die.....the men I find often find it far harder to cope on their own after being in a close relationship for a fair number of years..... ;)

Yes, this is very true for reasons discussed on here countless times over the years.