House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bootsox

Q. Bbc Apologise For Anything?

The BBC has refused to drop a Panorama programme on North Korea after a students' union said it used students "as a human shield" to film there.

BBC

Took a massive risk using John Sweeney though:

The BBC has completely lost the plot. They've gotten so used to their sense of entitlement that nothing is out of bounds anymore -- child rape, endangering uni students, blatant partisianship. Who really has any respect for them anymore?

The BBC has completely lost the plot. They've gotten so used to their sense of entitlement that nothing is out of bounds anymore -- child rape, endangering uni students, blatant partisianship. Who really has any respect for them anymore?

Government sponsored mouthpiece paid for with a poll tax. The BBC lost all credibility years ago.

There was an interview on the World this Weekend on R4 where i do not think the BBC representative equipped himself at all well.

From 05.50 is a revealing interview

The BBC chappy being interviewed alongside the Deputy Director of the LSE, with whom the BBC chappy refused to engage, said that all the participants were adults, all were well out of school, and there were no teenagers on the trip.

the BBC chappy then went on to say:

There were 10 students ranging from 18-28 yrs old.

At the beginning, before leaving London, the students were asked if they would be willing to have a journalist amongst them during their trip.

The BBC made a payment to the students.

Just before they entered N. Korea, the group of students was told that 'actually it wasn't just a journalist, but it was also an undercover film crew'.

According to the BBC chappy, the students were quite happy to proceed at that stage.

You could ask "What were the students supposed to do at that stage in the journey when the BBC 'surprise' was sprung"

if I was the LSE I would be incensed on 2 counts

1) the danger the students were placed into, and

2) the trip could jeopardise the LES's integrity for any future trips to any other places in the world.

The BBC has behaved very arrogantly I think, and that came across in the interview.

So 'NO' the BBC doesn't apologise for anything. You obviously don't listen to feedback on R4, otherwise you would have known the answer.

cant really see what the problem is, 10 students and sweeney get locked up in north korea. result.

students were paid and at no point during the process did any of them back out or tell n korean authorities that there were some journos doing a hatchet job. are you also telling me that the 10 students did not realise that what they were doing was a bit dangerous and stupid.

my suspicion is that they will all be employed as researchers for the labour party and in amongst them could a future prime minister, god help us all.

and a student trip to the most failed state in the World was to acheive just what exactly?

now...how many government spies go on student trips every day....how many airliners are used for nefarious purposes daily...

Only been catching bits of this, so the cover was it was students on a visit to North Korea with some "professors" they had never seen nor heard off before?

So basically all these students went on a trip with someone they'd never had a lecture with and it turns out it's all a ruse?

Another twist I found interesting is that if I am correct, it was Sweeney's wife that organised the LSE trip to NK

Apparently she organised s similar the trip for the LSE to NK the year before.

This year, the BBC thought it a good idea for a journalist to tag along...who just happened to be Mr Sweeney

I think Sweeney and the BBC think they are the 'news'

Interview with Journalist

I didn't think Sweeney equipped himself very well, or rather cleverly