House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EmmaRoid

Absolutely Fuming

The wife bought some ''Red Velvet" cupcakes from Tesco. I bit into it expecting it to look like a scene from Carrie but the ******ing thing was brown. Since when the ****** was a RED velvet cake ******ing brown? It wasn't even vaguely red, a failed red velvet cupcake, It was just a chocolate ******ing cupcake, a chocolate cupcake that couldnt even be arsed trying to be a red velvet version. bloody trade descriptions act shysters. Do they think they can get away with that because it tastes the same? I. Don't. Bloody. Think. So.

Bastards.

Take it back - they'll refund if you're not "entirely satisfied"......bite marks or not.

Too ******ing right. We ate the cakes, kept the papers. Better than taking it back to the store, it's worthy of a letter to the ***** in Cheshunt.

Guest eight

Take it back - they'll refund if you're not "entirely satisfied"......bite marks or not.

I paid to get into the Centre for Life in Newcastle yesterday, which passes itself off as a "visitor attraction". Do you think I could get a refund on the basis that it was an embarrassingly second rate pile of shite?

I can't believe my Friday night entertainment is talking about cupcakes. Has it really come down to this? Tell me it isn't so.

I can't believe my Friday night entertainment is talking about cupcakes. Has it really come down to this? Tell me it isn't so.

Yep.

Pop your gold in the post to me and end it all.

If it's any condolence I made some tomato sauce yesterday that more resembled brown sauce :unsure:

Seen it but despite the cupcake nature of this thread, I wouldn't cross the road for one.

What the village really needs is somewhere you can pick up a kilo of good Greek baklava, kadaifi, kalzouni...

On reflection there are at least 3 cupcake shops within walking distance. Perhaps we're rebalancing away from consuming houses to consuming home-baked patisseries.

Baklava bit too sweet for my tastes. There's a Polish deli but must be more Greeks than Poles. Where's the nearest Greek foodshop?

Well that is where you went wrong right at the beginning.

I'll have to give her the benefit of the doubt. It wasn't a planned/normal occurrence.

On reflection there are at least 3 cupcake shops within walking distance. Perhaps we're rebalancing away from consuming houses to consuming home-baked patisseries.

Baklava bit too sweet for my tastes. There's a Polish deli but must be more Greeks than Poles. Where's the nearest Greek foodshop?

3? Can't think of any others off the top of my head. I initially derided frozen yogurt but even that seems a success and I have patronised them myself. Can't hold a candle to actual ice cream though of which Ash farm in Dunham is splendid. Gastronomy do some "cheshire farm" ice cream which is from Tattenhall nr. Chester which is almost as nice.

Don't know of any Greek shops although there is supposed to be something in the Trader's Outlet on the Downs. The only one I know of is Katsouris Deli on Deansgate. Trouble is most of the local Greeks seem to be Cypriot. Not that this is a bad thing in itself but things, especially food are subtly different. We don't know Costas for instance but friends of friends know them. Cogs whirring in my head, Greeks, Cypriots, house prices... Another time, maybe.

Where I've moved to, within a 5 minute walk is the best Greek restaurant I've ever been in. It's called the Helanas Taverna.

All home made. Baklava, the lot.

Providing she's made it there in the last 75 mins, my wife is there now.

Baklava is very subjective and, of course, she's never had any that match up to her hometown 'zaxaroplastio'.

(providing you meant Hellas too)

It's the one on the Wilmslow road in Handforth, just after the Stratstone garage, on the left, as you come up from WIlmslow.

It's called Hellas Taverna and the guy that owns it, Nicos, is my mate. It's twice a week for a family tea for us

They're always asking me to play guitar in there - I keep saying 'no'. Your wife may be being subjected to the usual guitarist as we speak.

Guitarist?

She was expecting bazouki...

Bloody Cypriots.

Ask her if the guitar in the corner was being used or on its stand. Apparently, he smashes plates too - for real.

That might be difficult, I haven't had "that" conversation with her yet. I'm too embarrassed to say I chat to strangers on the Internet, so I told her I was on plenty of fish.

So she thinks I'm getting aquarium advice.

3? Can't think of any others off the top of my head. I initially derided frozen yogurt but even that seems a success and I have patronised them myself. Can't hold a candle to actual ice cream though of which Ash farm in Dunham is splendid. Gastronomy do some "cheshire farm" ice cream which is from Tattenhall nr. Chester which is almost as nice.

Don't know of any Greek shops although there is supposed to be something in the Trader's Outlet on the Downs. The only one I know of is Katsouris Deli on Deansgate. Trouble is most of the local Greeks seem to be Cypriot. Not that this is a bad thing in itself but things, especially food are subtly different. We don't know Costas for instance but friends of friends know them. Cogs whirring in my head, Greeks, Cypriots, house prices... Another time, maybe.

aforementioned plus

https://twitter.com/FabPatisserie

https://twitter.com/VANILLISCAFE

These are just the speciality one's. There's probably more. When you consider you have to clear rent/biz rates that's alot of cake. I'm not much of a cake fan so it's a bit lost on me unfortunately. Not been to yogberries either.

I have seen footage that they were all stood up, linking arms an dancing at 11pm.

Put that to her and scare the shit out of her.

I was seriously thinking of going until you posted that. And the plate smashing.

I have seen footage that they were all stood up, linking arms an dancing at 11pm.

Put that to her and scare the shit out of her.

I heard they were out on the street dancing.

No mention of a guitarist As in no musicians but she said the old guy singing was really really good. No REALLY good.

I was seriously thinking of going until you posted that. And the plate smashing.

Most of the crowd were older locals, enjoying the, er, "show".

As I said upstream, food from your own culture is quite subjective. Some things as she liked them, some things not but that's the same with anything. She's planning to return at some point which is a positive endorsement. I'll be doing anything I can to get out of it.