House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

200p

Car Bras, These Things Are Multiplying!

Car bras are almost acceptable compared to car eyelashes. I see something pretty similar this drive past me most mornings.

I'm looking forward to bringing up private number plates later on...

eyelash-car.jpg

post-18536-0-91755100-1365791385_thumb.jpg

The ultimate would be eyelashes and a car bra.

P1000614.JPG

Why, just why

Very common in some southern US states about 10 years ago, and yes they are multiplying over here for some inexplicable reason.

Serious question. What the hell are those things?

They protect the front of the car from chips and bugs. Especially useful in hot countries/places with MASSIVE bugs

I had an idea for a business a number of years ago.

I thought that personalising one's body had become a massive trend and therefore this could be extended to cars..."Car Tattoo and Body Piercing" ....basically transfers, fake spikes stuck to your car, massive rings thru the grill etc. It was all there it just needed some excellent marketing and endorsement.

I thought it was a brilliant idea. Trouble is when you look at the different personality types for projects, it seems I'm stuck firmly in the ideas stage. B)

Buy a cheapo vinyl cutter and do it. All sorts of other themes could be done and the variety of off the shelf stickers is prety lame - stripes or stripes or flowers.

They protect the front of the car from chips and bugs. Especially useful in hot countries/places with MASSIVE bugs

Ah!

So you've got a decent looking car and you make it look hideous by putting a car-bra on it, to protect the paintwork from looking... hideous? It's sort of the same logic as dressing up in a top notch smart outfit for the day, and then putting a sh*tty boiler suit over the top - just to keep it nice.

Really?

Not knowing anything about cars, I thought it was related to the recent cold weather; a sort of scarf to keep the engine warm.

Shows how little I know.

I had an idea for a business a number of years ago.

I thought that personalising one's body had become a massive trend and therefore this could be extended to cars..."Car Tattoo and Body Piercing" ....basically transfers, fake spikes stuck to your car, massive rings thru the grill etc. It was all there it just needed some excellent marketing and endorsement.

I thought it was a brilliant idea. Trouble is when you look at the different personality types for projects, it seems I'm stuck firmly in the ideas stage. B)

Godwin's

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/08/new-trends-in-chinese-car-design-swastikas/

Not knowing anything about cars, I thought it was related to the recent cold weather; a sort of scarf to keep the engine warm.

Shows how little I know.

I thought they looked just the thing to stop the gritters poking holes in the paint during the winter.

Guest eight

So you've got a decent looking car and you make it look hideous by putting a car-bra on it, to protect the paintwork from looking... hideous? It's sort of the same logic as dressing up in a top notch smart outfit for the day, and then putting a sh*tty boiler suit over the top - just to keep it nice.

My folks have the same mentality. Get a new suite and leave the plastic on it, horrible vinyl protective covers on all the furniture, that clear plastic runner stuff on the hall carpet. Mind you, they are mental.

My folks have the same mentality. Get a new suite and leave the plastic on it, horrible vinyl protective covers on all the furniture, that clear plastic runner stuff on the hall carpet. Mind you, they are mental.

That was my second choice analogy, the plastic covers on furniture that look terrible, to stop your furniture looking terrible. There's also those plastic table cloths. I put plastic covers on my record collection/best vinyl, but I'm hoping that's not as bad? Maybe it is.

I'd not heard of these before but hell now I want one!

I also want aftermarket black rubber bumpers to replace those rubbish colour-coded hard plastic things all cars seem to have these days. I park by feel and am running out of paint on the front one.

Car bras are almost acceptable compared to car eyelashes. I see something pretty similar this drive past me most mornings.

I'm looking forward to bringing up private number plates later on...

W. T. F. ? !

I'd not heard of these before but hell now I want one!

I also want aftermarket black rubber bumpers to replace those rubbish colour-coded hard plastic things all cars seem to have these days. I park by feel and am running out of paint on the front one.

Frank! I park by ear! I had an old SAAB, and the rubber bumpers were really hard! :huh:

Cars do have "faces", with the lights and grille! It's not surprising that people customise them! I think these "car bras" are more like Freddie masks! :blink:

My own car is rather old so has a nice "cheesy" grin, of the 90's! Modern cars like Audi and Peugot have a slack jawed "yokel" look!

Like they are dribbling, or something! :blink: