House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tomandlu

Unfortunate Timing

My wife returned from her smear test to announce to me that she had a cervical polyp and the nurse said it was the biggest she'd seen in 15 years. The conference call I was in the middle of was a little shaky after that...

My wife returned from her smear test to announce to me that she had a cervical polyp and the nurse said it was the biggest she'd seen in 15 years. The conference call I was in the middle of was a little shaky after that...

Didn't have your line on mute then?

Aren't they mostly benign? Not that it would make the news any less disconcerting.

Benign, I've always thought that's a peculiar use of the word...

I can imagine what the nurse was doing when she told her too.

Didn't have your line on mute then?

Aren't they mostly benign? Not that it would make the news any less disconcerting.

Benign, I've always thought that's a peculiar use of the word...

Skype headphone/microphone set up - fairly discrete and easy to miss (unlike the polyp apparently). No, it sounds fine (the polyp). What's wrong with 'benign'? (it seems quite a suitable word)

Skype headphone/microphone set up - fairly discrete and easy to miss (unlike the polyp apparently). No, it sounds fine (the polyp). What's wrong with 'benign'? (it seems quite a suitable word)

That's good to hear.

Benign says to me something favourable and positive, as opposed to something that's simply not malignant. In the case of a wart, say, I'd call it benign if it gifted me with a special power.

Pah, who needs so many words and nuances anyway? Good, Ungood and Doubleplusungood should cover most eventualities