House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Gold Prices Tumble Most In Five Months As Cyprus To Sell Bullion

Browns bottom all over again. Why tell the market before you sell? You'd get a better price if you don't announce these things.

Edited by Notanewmember2

So we know who is selling. I wonder if we find out who is buying it?

Cyprus of course.

China. China will buy any amount you could possibly have to sell. If they aren't in the mood (unlikely) then India will take it, albeit over a longer time frame.

Mish sits on the fence

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2013/04/fools-in-cyprus-to-sell-most-of-its.html#FifOKmuDqpb1vuA5.99

'Selling gold is downright idiotic. Gold backing can prevent a currency from going completely worthless. Should Cyprus leave the eurozone, its small holding of gold would at least put some bid on its currency.'

Read more at

The Cypriot public are total idiots if they allow their politicians to sell their country down the river like this. Then again, they already pretty much rolled over by accepting deposit theft so I guess they're a lost cause.

To think that they were on the verge of a united Island again not so long back. They threw it away and now their state is being flushed down the Euro pan. Can't see the Turks wanting anything to do with them now, they just have to not screw up and their position will strengthen.

Browns bottom all over again. Why tell the market before you sell? You'd get a better price if you don't announce these things.

I think there comes a point when offloading a large enough amount that pre-announcing it may help bring a few big buyers (i.e. Govts) into the market.

I think there comes a point when offloading a large enough amount that pre-announcing it may help bring a few big buyers (i.e. Govts) into the market.

You are Gordon Brown and I claim my £5s.