House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Ayatollah Buggeri

Immigration Sham Marriage

Daily Wail story, surprise surprise.

Executive summary: entirely unremarkable story about a Nigerian male who paid a criminal £1k to arrange a sham marriage to a Portuguese (EU citizen and so would have given him residency/work rights) woman.

Unusual twist: he is reported to have been a master's student at the University of Leeds.

As some HPC regulars will know, I am a lecturer at the UoL, as a result of which I'm very surprised at this (I've just checked my lists, and thankfully he's not in my school). Anyone who has the qualifications to get in to an MA or MSc here has probably got what it takes to immigrate legally anyway (we require IELTS 7.5 and the equivalent of a batchelor's degree from a good university at 2.1 level, plus significant other experience on the CV to indicate that they'd be a good fit for the course): I was under the impression that most illegal immigrants from Asia and Africa have little if any professional qualifications. I wonder if this is a misprint and he was in fact at Leeds Met, but the Wail rarely gets facts like that wrong (they print so much polemical stuff that if they did, they'd be sued in an instant).

I wonder if he faked his credentials to get in?

I wonder if he faked his credentials to get in?

:blink:

How would a big black man make his willy look convincingly EU sized?

:blink:

How would a big black man make his willy look convincingly EU sized?

I put this conundrum to Mrs XYY.

"Mrs XYY," I said, "How could Mr Pin's big African friend make his nob look like mine...?"

"Easy," She says, "Tell him to fold it in half..."

:(

XYY

"Mrs XYY," I said, "How could Mr Pin's big African friend make his nob look like mine...?"

XYY

God has "gifted" us in differerent ways Mr Xyy! ;)

God has "gifted" us in differerent ways Mr Xyy! ;)

Aye, though why he thought being able to lick my own eyebrows and breathe through my ears would be any use to me I'll never know...

XYY

XYY

Or you can hang a brick from it for a few days - not sure it would help with the length but it would likely make it go black.

Or you can hang a brick from it for a few days - not sure it would help with the length but it would likely make it go black.

Do you really think so?

Like proper black, or just a bit Michael Jackson...?

XYY

Do you really think so?

Like proper black, or just a bit Michael Jackson...?

XYY

I'm thinking more like gangrenous necrosis - I'd link to some pictures but that would probably get me banned. Google image search for 'gangrenous necrosis' line 3 second image from the right just about captures it.

we require IELTS 7.5 and the equivalent of a ba t chelor's degree from a good university at 2.1 level

Not in English, presumably.