House Price Crash Forum
SarahBell

20K To Leave The Uk

‘The council would not be doing its duty if it did not consider all sorts of different ideas to ensure we are able to provide the best housing options for our residents.’

They never have before.

Lol. Not a wind up?

Council tenants are not really into the social mobility thing... mostly poor, mostly uneducated, and a lot never worked a day in their lives.

£20k is like a lottery win. My guess is it would go on drink offers at some Blighty themed pub in the Costa's, for the 6 months that would support some dolally.

Then as Monkey said, back to Britain.

Edited by cashinmattress

Wasn't a similar scheme recently proposed for benefit claimants.

It sounds like more or less the same proposal but dressed up in a more acceptable guise (maybe) as releasing housing stock.

Hmm I'm almost in favour of this! Then again I have a VI! :lol:

Oh its for tenants in Harrow (possibly). No more smiley face.

I would think its for tenants who's country of origin is not the UK, maybe?

Edited by Secure Tenant

Lol. Not a wind up?

Council tenants are not really into the social mobility thing... mostly poor, mostly uneducated, and a lot never worked a day in their lives.

Yup thats me. Should have done better at school. :lol:

It sounds like a variant on the Aussie subsidized Ten Pound Poms. Inflation eh.

http://

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Pound_Poms

Will the £20,000 Poms meet the current Aussie immigration rules. It's more likely they'll just go to somewhere in the eu - luxury holiday for a while then back (at the front?) on the UK housing list.

Edited by billybong

Paying poor people to leave and transporting criminals has worked well for this country for many centuries now but I wonder if it would work today - in the past they couldn't afford to come back, these days they'd be back as soon as the money ran out.

These days a policy of paying poor people to leave and bringing in poor people to replace them does seem to have some flaws.

Edited by billybong

Lol. Not a wind up?

£20k is like a lottery win. My guess is it would go on drink offers at some Blighty themed pub in the Costa's, for the 6 months that would support some dolally.

Then as Monkey said, back to Britain.

Not judgmental are you. I wonder what they think you get up to

and what happens if you come back after 6 months?

You can sign on, and maybe even claim LHA. But that will pay for a place that is only marginally bigger and better located than some people who work can afford. In fact, you could even find you are *worse* off than some people who work. I have no idea what the plan really is, but at a guess it will be aimed at people without children in large houses. If that is so, it probably makes financial sense.

Suppose you had for some reason decided to rent out a £300k house to someone for £100 a week, and then let them pass the tenancy onto one of their kids. Once you came to your senses and realised the rent doesn't even cover maintenance, wouldn't you pay them £20k to bugger off?

Suppose you had for some reason decided to rent out a £300k house to someone for £100 a week, and then let them pass the tenancy onto one of their kids. Once you came to your senses and realised the rent doesn't even cover maintenance, wouldn't you pay them £20k to bugger off?

No i'd issue them a Section 21 Eviction notice, and give no reason as to why i want them to leave. 2 months later the property is empty.

Oh sorry i thought you was talking about private rent, not public.....