House Price Crash Forum

Rightmove Usability

HOLA441

Rightmove has just introduced a "similar properties nearby" bar that take away half the display space when I view property details.

I can get rid of the crap by just filtering out http://www.rightmove.co.uk/ajax/property-for-sale/find.html?*. Unfortunately that just leaves a lot of blank screen.

Anyone figured out a recipe to get rid of that crap completely?

[edit] - stop the bloomin' HPC system turning that URL match into a link.

Edited by porca misèria

HOLA442
HOLA443

There's a down arrow on the bar that reduces it to task-bar size. If I use my log-in first, I don't even get it.

Edit: If I clink a link to a rightmove posting on this forum,. that bar appears, but If I go to Rightmove direct and view any, it doesn't. (?)

Edited by deflation

HOLA444

There's a down arrow on the bar that reduces it to task-bar size. If I use my log-in first, I don't even get it.

Edit: If I clink a link to a rightmove posting on this forum,. that bar appears, but If I go to Rightmove direct and view any, it doesn't. (?)

I can see the down-arrow. It still leaves something that cuts off my display, but the main objection to it is having to repeat for every house I view. And it is often unresponsive in my browser.

You log in to rightmove? Doesn't that mean giving them an email address to spam?

And as for going to rightmove direct, I don't have time to mess about browsing it (besides, why would I use rightmove for that when I have zoopla)? The point of rightmove is to use the RSS feed!