House Price Crash Forum

How We Might Collapse Our Society

Quiet Guy

HOLA441

Just stumbled across this at the Renegade Economist site:

http://www.renegadee...ue-customs.html

To me, it's a new idea: we will make everything so complex that it all starts falling apart.

There is a link to a review about the book "The Collapse of Complex Societies" which is worth following up as well:

http://theamericansc...mplex-societies

I'm tired and I've had a few beers which is why this is a rather brief post but I think there's some sense in the basic idea. It just fits as a description of the unintended consequences of the endless new ideas our leaders come up with yet nothing seems to get any better.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I like to simplify our society in my own mind as a bunch of chimps selling fruit to each other.

Everything else like lawyers, accountants, politicians, bankers, overwhelming imposed government, etc, just seem

to me to be degenerative to the human race progressing.

HOLA445

I think im going to write a similar theory on the perils of overeducation.

The more 'educated' a society becomes, the sooner it dies. The most educated countries (Japan, S.Korea, the former soviet states) have the lowest birth rates and either die out (Japan, Korea) or destroy themselves through alien immigration that seeks to replace the weak education 'knowledge' based values with pervasive theocratic values. (Europe re: Islam)

HOLA446

I like to simplify our society in my own mind as a bunch of chimps selling fruit to each other.

So you're a human on a planet full of monkeys selling fruit...?

Try this as your next advertising slogan:

Take your stinking pears off me, you damned dirty ape...

XYY

Archived