House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nmarks

Paris Brown - Youth Police & Crime Commissioner

She tried to give the mainstream media her view on teenage life, including ***GASP*** underage drinking, joint smoking and the fact that none her mates have got a job because all the Poles and Lithuanians have got them, and the Daily Mail have ripped her to pieces over it.

No need for you to run with the herd.

Is everyone now a 'Commissioner'.

Clerk used to be quite a skilled role and then everyone became clerks. Then people were secretaries and secretaries became personal assistants... and, at some point, everyone became a manager.

Now, it seems every one is a Commissioner.

What next - Field-Marshalls by 21?

... the comments, posted between the ages of 14 and 16 ...

Show me a teenager who doesn't occasionally say stupid, offensive things...

What a stupid storm in a teacup.

Just want to clarify my previous post: I think that the Twitter comments are a storm-in-a-teacup.

On the question of what is a "Yoof PCC", do we need one, and is an overweight narcissist a good candidate, I would just like to say: WTF?

I think the PCC who hired her wanted to show that she was 'down with the kids'. She's just had a rude introduction to what the kids are actually like...

meh, she's no worse than most MPs

Besides, whats so controversial about remarking of how so many shop workers can barely speak english? Many cant! Ive given up trying to order fast food for this very reason before, i doubt im the only one. At least she had the balls to say it, unlike most politicians.

I'm sure I read she was employed as a 'Youth Tsar'. I would have said 'Tsarina' but maybe I'm old fashioned.

Isn't Tsar so very New Labour? Harriet Harperson surely would not allow Tsarina?

This is going to run and run.

Not the story as such, but everyone caught saying something politically incorrect now has recourse to a "no worse than" argument.

I think the PCC who hired her wanted to show that she was 'down with the kids'. She's just had a rude introduction to what the kids are actually like...

Yes, the appointment was a PR stunt. The girl sounds like a typical teenager.

The role will make no difference to youth offending rates in the area. The PCC has made the same mistake that 1970s kids TV producers did, who thought kids wanted to see programmes fronted by kids, when they actually wanted to watch programmes not fronted by inexperienced amateurs.

We don't need any police commissioners.

GMP recently recruited for a PR and media person to manage the twitters etc of ours.

We need all police forces to be accountable to the people they serve.

Adding in an expensive layer of bureaucracy that has little power just wastes money that could be better spent putting more police on the streets.

How many police officers salary equivalent have been wasted by the whole Police & Crime Commissioner thing already?

Her tweets show she shouldn't be given this job at all. Whose daughter is she?

I dunno, but I would like our police to;

1. Protect Life and Property

2. Deter Crime

3. Detect and Prosecute Offenders

I dont want them to relate to me, my kids or anyone else...especially Political parties.

I know plenty of people that didn't make mistakes, I don't know why they have to tar everyone with the same brush just so this scum can feel better about herself.

Or even Tsar everyone with the same brush. :P

I'll get my coat...

Yes, the appointment was a PR stunt. The girl sounds like a typical teenager.

What they needed was an exceptional teenager with the common touch or someone with good manners, at least.

Excludes me then. ;)

Paris Brown was the best candidate for the job...Gawd help us. It is a pointless role. She should be sacked, though Ann Barnes - who hired her - won't do it as it would make her own position very uncomfortable.

Her tweets show she shouldn't be given this job at all. Whose daughter is she?

+1

(is her first name really 'Paris'??!!??)

Yes. But why the ****** is this a job in the first place that's paying 15k????

+1 again

while she lives at home for free