House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

House Prices For First-Time Buyers Up 5Pc Since Summer

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/houseprices/9973689/House-prices-for-first-time-buyers-up-5pc-since-summer.html

Efforts to prop up house prices appear to be having the biggest impact on first-time buyers.

The average price paid for a home by first-time buyers rose 2.7 per cent last month to £125,799, according to data collected by Halifax.

The mortgage lender also published its monthly house prices survey today which, in contrast, showed 0.2 per cent rise for average prices overall in March.It said values were set for a "modest increase" over 2013 amid continued signs that the market is lifting.

For those trying to get on to the property ladder, the research shows the struggle many face as government schemes aimed at encouraging lending appear to be filtering through and pushing up prices.

The average price paid by a first buyer now stands more than 5 per cent higher than a low of £119,244 in September.

Yeah we are all rich again. :ph34r:

How can two successive governments be such dickheads?

You can't think of the current main political parties as being separate, LibLabCon are the one and same party, it doesn't matter who sits where in the commons, the policies and actions are the same, the veneer of difference between them is fake,like everything else they do or say or promise.

You can't think of the current main political parties as being separate, LibLabCon are the one and same party, it doesn't matter who sits where in the commons, the policies and actions are the same, the veneer of difference between them is fake,like everything else they do or say or promise.

It is pretty amazing that a tory government, who got elected on a promise to tackle the country's spending, has managed to piss away twice as much money as labour did in half the time. :unsure:

Edited by doomed

Which is why I will vote UKIP...

Indeed, they will either do what they say they will, and produce some kind of positive political and social changes..or they wont and it will only go to prove how undemocratic and corrupt the UK and Europe has become, then the options available for real change will be limited to only one or two choices for a re-balancing, either that or we accept the corporate greed led fascist dystopia devoid of liberty and sanity we seem to be being led towards.

Because we have a system built by dickheads for dickheads idiots.

Fixed it for you.

Idiots because for every £1 of house price increase, you lose £3 in purchasing power for everything else.

Bring it on.

Edited by cashinmattress

I suspect this is in part due to more competition from downsizers, as this is apparently the most common reason for people selling a house these days.

I agree in principle but must ask: where is the commensurate drop in prices higher up the "ladder"?

more meaningless stats.

so maybe the Rich FTBs are buying up ladder?

entry level homes going to BTL?

Who knows...and if it was even remotely true, why all the schemes?...It seems the market is working without them.

We are at a stage where low volumes mean price stats will tend to be unreliable.

looks like we have already missed that damn boat....again.:lol:

We are at a stage where low volumes mean price stats will tend to be unreliable.

So surely we should be seeing equally big swings in the other direction too? We aint. See the HPC front page - the indices are all up. Hopefully a lot of this can be put down to spring (the indices have all been up during springs of recent years).

Edited by rantnrave

First time buyers get much wiser when they become second time buyers! ;)

C'mon. A bunch of populists are hardly going to sort out the mess. They'll be even more driven by the mentalist electorate than the current big three.

I don't care who gets in next - they are all as bad as each other and all utterly hopeless.

Instead, I shall do my utmost to make my life as reslient to (and invisible to) the interference of politicians as is humanly possible.

It is pretty amazing that a tory government, who got elected on a promise to tackle the country's spending, has managed to piss away twice as much money as labour did in half the time. :unsure:

why is it surprising - nulabour always said they were tory light :D

a fav house I watched for a long time, started at 240K, trundled down to 210K offer over, and stuck there for 18 months. Similar place across the road came on at 199K about 6 months ago, trundled down to offers over 180K and is now under offer. Same day the new one went to 180 the original got pulled from the market! (this was 3 months ago). yhe fav got relisted today at 195K different agent. there is no price recovery. it's on if you can wait for it. this is the reality.