House Price Crash Forum
dinker

It`s Fannie And Freddie

We all know that the US Government created the present crisis by forcing banks to lend to the economically incompetent. Obama being the representative of these people means he has to try it again:

http://www.qando.net/?p=15053

The entire planet is dependent upon house prices. If we had any sense, with all us HPCers now know about how rigged the system is, we would become estate agents/realtors.

I do meet some lovely, intelligent, hard-working EAs but, bluntly, most that I have met seem to do very little for huge reward. People actually come to them, pay them money to sell their house and then later on people complain about how little the EA actually did... and they tell all their friends... and when the friends want to sell their house they go and hand money over to the same EA firms.

It is nuts.

Why the internet has not yet replaced EAs I do not know. Tesco started to do it, said they were going to change how we bought houses and then they pulled out. I am convinced that someone in the govt had a word in their ear and stopped them.

Seriously, being an EA seems money for nothing. If anyone has been a winner in the past 6 years of financial madness it has been the two 'professions' that helped cause the crash - banksters and EAs!

Debt issuance is unlimited now though.

The only thing wrong with countless trillions of malinvestment in the 2000-2006 real estate boom was it had to stop.

I wish i was joking, but thats probably how Dr Paul Krugman and his minions in the white house see it.

Now everyone can own a tulip.

You kinky sod! Oh, I see what you mean.

I am off to talk with some of the saner EAs I know. If you do not hear back from me I have taken a job as one of them.

Why the internet has not yet replaced EAs I do not know.

In a word .. regulation

That favorite tool of corporate monopolies. If you have a website that people use to sell houses then you are are liable for any inaccurate details.

The entire planet is dependent upon house prices. If we had any sense, with all us HPCers now know about how rigged the system is, we would become estate agents/realtors.

I do meet some lovely, intelligent, hard-working EAs but, bluntly, most that I have met seem to do very little for huge reward. People actually come to them, pay them money to sell their house and then later on people complain about how little the EA actually did... and they tell all their friends... and when the friends want to sell their house they go and hand money over to the same EA firms.

It is nuts.

Why the internet has not yet replaced EAs I do not know. Tesco started to do it, said they were going to change how we bought houses and then they pulled out. I am convinced that someone in the govt had a word in their ear and stopped them.

Seriously, being an EA seems money for nothing. If anyone has been a winner in the past 6 years of financial madness it has been the two 'professions' that helped cause the crash - banksters and EAs!

I have the blue print for ending EA's in an online format. I just need investors to start it - it would be millions needed. The only reason it has not been done is the large cost of getting it going. If u look around the world, is there anywhere it has happened? It requires some thought because humans will need to be involved - a pure online vehicle would not work. Any offers?

In a word .. regulation

That favorite tool of corporate monopolies. If you have a website that people use to sell houses then you are are liable for any inaccurate details.

Sure about that? Ebay liable for advertisers details?

We all know that the US Government created the present crisis by forcing banks to lend to the economically incompetent. Obama being the representative of these people means he has to try it again:

Yes- it's a story of everyday banking folk forced to become millionaires and billionaires by the evil power of the state. " I didn't want the money!" claimed one wall street insider " The government made me take it.!"

He also claimed that state officials forced him to eat out regularly at expensive restaurants and buy a large house in the Hamptons. "These people are pure evil" he told our reporter " I was once waterboarded with Dom Perignon Rose 2002".

Yes- it's a story of everyday banking folk forced to become millionaires and billionaires by the evil power of the state. " I didn't want the money!" claimed one wall street insider " The government made me take it.!"

He also claimed that state officials forced him to eat out regularly at expensive restaurants and buy a large house in the Hamptons. "These people are pure evil" he told our reporter " I was once waterboarded with Dom Perignon Rose 2002".

Its not about houses, as you indicate.

Its about money, bankers, deficits and falling down....everyday nice folk realising they have been stolen from and finding a bag of guns.

I guess what stops most of us is our sense of integrity and justice.

Sure about that? Ebay liable for advertisers details?

Wasn't that the reason Tesco pulled out? But I think they changed the rules again recently so that vendors aren't liable if you put a disclaimer on the listing.

In a word .. regulation

That problem can be addressed with the use of insurance, professional indemnity insurance, that kind of thing.

If such insurance policies are currently not available to buy commercially today, then the insurance company that develops such a product could make an absolute killing.