House Price Crash Forum

Welfare Minister Iain Duncan Smith: I Could Get By On £53 A Week

HOLA441

I lived on 20 quid a week 15 years ago. It was fine.

My kids share an 8x8 room, and we had to move area because we couldn't afford it. Why is no-one crying for me? Oh yes, it's because I have a job!

In Indonesia, where my Mrs. comes from, it's common to have eight people living in a three room house.

It's not intrinsically harmful.

Other things, such as nutrition, healthcare, and so on, are.

But with obsecenely inflated house prices bequeathed to use by the Labour party, personal space is a luxury that many cannot afford.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

If they don't like living on £53 a week of taxpayers money, they could always get a job and earn more themselves. Just a thought.

Yes, of course, because the burgeoning manufacturing industry in this country is crying out for workers... oh.

HOLA443

In Indonesia, where my Mrs. comes from, it's common to have eight people living in a three room house.

It's not intrinsically harmful.

Other things, such as nutrition, healthcare, and so on, are.

But with obsecenely inflated house prices bequeathed to use by the Labour party, personal space is a luxury that many cannot afford.

Healthcare harmful? Come on the NHS is not that bad.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Here we go

Monday 2 x £1 Iceland Beef Curries = £2

Tuesday 2 x £1 Iceland Fishermans Pies = £2

Wednesday 2 x £1 Iceland (4)Sausage Toads = £2

Thursday 2 x £1 Iceland Spaghetti Bologneses = £2

Friday 2 x £1 Iceland Sweet and Sour Chickens with rice = £2

Saturday 2 x £1 Iceland Spaghettis with Meatballs = £2

Sunday 2x £1-75p Iceland Roast Beef Dinners = £3-50p

Quite filling for a Main Meal with more choices Total £15-50p :rolleyes:

HOLA446

Yes, of course, because the burgeoning manufacturing industry in this country is crying out for workers... oh.

Manufacturing and industry requires skilled workers. Unfortunately this country has to import hundreds of thousands of people to meet this demand while a similar number of British people languish on long-term unemployment benefits.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Manufacturing and industry requires skilled workers. Unfortunately this country has to import hundreds of thousands of people to meet this demand while a similar number of British people languish on long-term unemployment benefits.

Are you saying that the Unemployed are made up of skilled workers who are lazy- or are you saying that for reasons of cost British employers would rather import skilled labour than offer the training required to unemployed British workers?

HOLA4410

My kids share an 8x8 room, and we had to move area because we couldn't afford it. Why is no-one crying for me? Oh yes, it's because I have a job!

amen to that.

You do know though you shouldn't be repressing the poor. It's your fault you're not making the 1% pay their way so it's entirely fair you feel like you're paying for everyone else because you should be. Its your failure we're in the mess. The poor can't help themselves, they just need your money.

(that's how I feel on here often)

HOLA4411

Here we go

Excellent.....if someone cracks a whip you'll be away at a gallop.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

The BBC should buy a load of video cameras for unemployed people in IDS's area, and employ them to film him do a month on the dole in various forms of housing. Profit arising from film rights could be donated to an employment fund for the unemployed in the area. Let the unemployed have some decision how the money is used to further employment.

His first day could be homeless, his first week could be in emergency accommodation.

2nd in a flat, 3rd in a house (with bedroom tax), and finally in the private rented sector sharing a large converted house/tenement with the under 35s (and increasingly older people).

We'll assume claims related to benefit payments are processed immediately without problem, sanction or delay.

IDS can step up to the challenge and live on £53 a week.

The public can get good viewing from the TV station they fund.

HOLA4414

Here we go

Obviously an argument for cutting your state pension a you clearly do not need it if you can survive on less than £20 week.

HOLA4415
Guest TheBlueCat

Here we go

No breakfast?

HOLA4416

amen to that.

You do know though you shouldn't be repressing the poor. It's your fault you're not making the 1% pay their way so it's entirely fair you feel like you're paying for everyone else because you should be. Its your failure we're in the mess. The poor can't help themselves, they just need your money.

(that's how I feel on here often)

You've lost me. What's your point? How am I repressing the poor? Why can't they help themselves? Why are the poor still living in the place I moved from, turning down jobs because they work out it doesn't pay in one case, and living for free off their kids in another? Why should I say for them?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Are you saying that the Unemployed are made up of skilled workers who are lazy- or are you saying that for reasons of cost British employers would rather import skilled labour than offer the training required to unemployed British workers?

It is a fact that this country imports large numbers of skilled and unskilled workers while similarly large numbers of our own citizens - fit to work - languish on long-term unemployment benefits. Why they are in that situation will depend on their own circumstances, but none of them should be allowed to remain in such a situation.

HOLA4421

You've lost me. What's your point? How am I repressing the poor? Why can't they help themselves? Why are the poor still living in the place I moved from, turning down jobs because they work out it doesn't pay in one case, and living for free off their kids in another? Why should I say for them?

When people who are neither rich or poor complain about the situation, the agenda that is pushed is that the poor have no alternative, we are complaining about the wrong people, we should be pushing the 1% for equality. Despite being powerless, it is our own fault we are being exploited.

I was just cutting to the chase to save anyone else having to point it out for us, again.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Here we go

And congratulations in 20 years you will have cancer and cardiovascular disease.

HOLA4425

It is a fact that this country imports large numbers of skilled and unskilled workers while similarly large numbers of our own citizens - fit to work - languish on long-term unemployment benefits. Why they are in that situation will depend on their own circumstances, but none of them should be allowed to remain in such a situation.

Will you go to tell these people yourself, or do you expect the state to force them?