House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chuckie

Anyone In To Recycling?

Hi

Found this great website loads of free unwanted household stuff. Ideal if you are moving house and got stuff to get rid if.

www.free2collect.co.uk

I use to run a reuse project & have looked into this type of simple material exchange system . THye've bene tried many tiems & Its great in principle, but extremely hard to make it work in reality - sadly.

Not having a way of establishing the condition of items is the 1st problem I see. The boot sales are better options or national reuse projects are a better bet for cheap furniture etc if you areon a low income - for local project see - http://www.frn.org.uk/code/find/map.asp

I use to run a reuse project & have looked into this type of simple material exchange system . THye've bene tried many tiems & Its great in principle, but extremely hard to make it work in reality - sadly.

Not having a way of establishing the condition of items is the 1st problem I see. The boot sales are better options or national reuse projects are a better bet for cheap furniture etc if you areon a low income - for local project see - http://www.frn.org.uk/code/find/map.asp

The site seems to be popular, especially in the london area, you also have the option to add a photograph of your item which would give you some idea of the condition.