House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
grasshopper

Slowly But Surely

Millroyd Island - BRIGHOUSE HD6 1PR or HD6 1PB

(sorry tried to post a pic but couldn't figure it out)

This canal side development made headlines when all but 9 of the 100+ apartments sold out within four hours in October 2003.

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/ViewArticl...rticleID=669943

They have recently been finished with many available for let and some desperately seeking tenants (well it looks that way to me) a few are for sale.

I have found two with deep discount’s of one month’s free rent which over a six month standard letting agreement amounts to 16.6% discounts or a saving of about a £100 per month.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-830...a_n=2&tr_t=rent

£595 The free period is one month’s rent after first month has been paid as was confirmed by telephone conversation with letting agent this morning.

http://www.mtlettings.co.uk/millroyd.htm

£625 First month free

In a competitive market heavy discounting is a sure sign that the BTL are starting to feel the pinch.

Just back to when they sold them.

Katharine Dickinson was the first person to buy one of the modern apartments. The 25-year-old, from Fixby, has bought one of the two-bedroom properties which should be ready to move into in November next year.

"It's my first home which makes it even more exciting," said the Leeds Metropolitan University student.

How the hell did she afford one as a student?

with prices ranging from £70,000 for a studio to £180,000 for a two-bedroom apartment.

Baffles me where they find trhese people.

Edited by Spring Bounce?????

Middle class?! With £100k spare?! Am I missing something here?

Jesus, I am unashamedly middle class but my folks couldn't hit half that figure without completely wiping out saving!

Mortgage Equity Withdrawal.

These rents still seem to have a return, looking at Interest Only morgage at 5%....

IO Morgage at 5% on 180k is £750 a mounth

IO Morgage at 5% on 90k is £375 a mounth

These rents still seem to have a return, looking at Interest Only morgage at 5%....

IO Morgage at 5% on 180k is £750 a mounth

IO Morgage at 5% on 90k is £375 a mounth

Agreed. But you have to find a renter first. The heavy discounting may reflect an overcapcity in this sector.