House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dave

More Pressure On Retail Sales

I kid you not. I went to john pye auction house today, Plasma tv's sold for as little as 180 pounds + commission. And they was working too. It definately took me by surprise, I wished I paid more attention to them before the auction started. Admittingly the first lot of Plasma went for 580, not really worth it as they were the techwood brand. But the other plasma's seemed to be well worth it. none of them had TV signals, but everything seemed to be perfect on them. I Believe they never had tv signals due to the fact there is a limited amount of TV arials on them. A few of the later plasma's were clearly broken and only reached 50 pounds.

See link, view lots 1-300 and you will see what prices these items achieved. Not all were bargains, but some prices were just amazing.

auction

I would avoid bidding online if you have not seen the item, as items are sold as seen, no warranty implied.

As I cannot seem to find the page with the results what did the cars go for?

To see page with results click on general auctions, you only have a few days to see results. Audi TT sold for 12k and a3 sold for £5150 both of which you had to add 10% commission and VAT on commission, so I thought neither were a bargain, would have got cheaper in autotrader

To see page with results click on general auctions, you only have a few days to see results. Audi TT sold for 12k and a3 sold for £5150 both of which you had to add 10% commission and VAT on commission, so I thought neither were a bargain, would have got cheaper in autotrader

Thats the thing with cars and these auctions they can be either absolute bargains or if advertised above the going rate (I don't think £13,500 for the TT is that bad depending on the state).

Cheers for the information. I really must find the best auction house around my neck of the woods.

Thats the thing with cars and these auctions they can be either absolute bargains or if advertised above the going rate (I don't think £13,500 for the TT is that bad depending on the state).

Cheers for the information. I really must find the best auction house around my neck of the woods.

Found exact same car in Autotrader for £12,500, with less mileage. The one is auction done 42k and one in autotrader done 28k.

Some cars used to go stupidly cheap, alot cheaper than any car auction I have ever seen. But recently, car traders have clocked onto this auction, forcing prices higher. Saying that, you can still make a quick bargain if it is a type of car that the traders do not normally deal with. They had a custom supra (95 reg), looked like a max-power type car, lowered, massive alloys, leather interior, import from Japan sold for 3k. Would have sold even cheaper, but some iraqi blokes really wanted the car. They told me they still made a grand on the car within a week of selling it. I was not there that week when it got sold. I was there the week previous, and no one would even start the auctioneer at 1k.