House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Converted Lurker

Bubb, Consa, Whoops, Et All

Severely underplayed..this is surely headed for Enron scandal territory..if a trigger is available..

http://www.investors.com/breakingnews.asp?...=32831217&brk=1 :o

Christ, just re-read it, a former Oppenheimer C.E.O. will be helping to take over the reins.

"Fannie has begun to see some spread widening recently" - just what kind of a news report is that !?!

Guest consa

Severely underplayed..this is surely headed for Enron scandal territory..if a trigger is available..

http://www.investors.com/breakingnews.asp?...=32831217&brk=1 :o

Christ, just re-read it, a former Oppenheimer C.E.O. will be helping to take over the reins.

Yes this is bad, the problem is that I still don't think this will phase them/Investors too much, you see this accounting error or errors can be easily cleared because of the fiat money effect, don't forget they created the money in the first place by tapping the amount into a computer and tranfering it to someone else in the first place, this enabled them to obtain a tangible asset like Bricks and Mortar for their efforts, if things got real bad they would be covered by the government so wouldn't collapse,

Bob Maneri, a managing director of Cleveland-based investment fund Victory Capital Management, was unfazed by the latest revelations.

"It was not terribly surprising," he said. "As long as it's not earthshaking, it's really not going to make any difference."

I believe FNM will need to raise more equity. They are VERY highly geared

Their room for manoeuvre must be pretty limited. There comes a point at which events control you, rather than you controlling events. Is FM heading to that point?

And what about their ‘brother company’ Freddie Mac, was it? Are they sitting on similar discrepancies?

As my signature suggests, the numbers will out, eventually.

Edited by FTBagain

Thanks for you imput, I`m with you on the one cent movement, staggering. I see this situation as very revealing in relation to the actual worth of the paper money the fed keeps on churning out backed by nothing and lent on assets that are turning in value. Deffo. one to watch...

This financial scnadal has such enormous implications for the housing market no one dare acknowlege its existence. In Psychiatric terms--some people refuse to recognize the elephant in the living room.

Remember Operation Countryman? The corruption was so widespread among certain Constabularies that the whole thing just went away. . .

CL, may I draw your attention to this?

"A final nightmare scenario: A federal bailout of the mortgage market is likely if housing crashes, the center predicts. So, if corporate pension funds continue to falter and this dire prediction does come true, the Feds could conceivably be holding your mortgage and your pension."

Taken from the article accompanying the thread started by The_Masked_Tulip entitled 'Housing Bubble's Burst Could Cost 1 Million Jobs And Cause A Recession, Experts Say'

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=18965

Thanks for this mate, this is starting to smell very fishy, no pun intended with Fannie mae, the fact that an influential member of the Oppenhemeir family will take up some of the reins is fascinating, I really don`t think a lot more of these..ahem...errors (and it`s inevitable there will be more) can be covered up to any extent. A 200mil software error! More like taking advantage of various so called International accounting standard practices. :o

Guest Riser

Thanks for you imput, I`m with you on the one cent movement, staggering. I see this situation as very revealing in relation to the actual worth of the paper money the fed keeps on churning out backed by nothing and lent on assets that are turning in value. Deffo. one to watch...

Couple this with the news that the FED are going to stop publishing M3 data from March next year and it looks like we may already be in the end game for the dollar.

Discontinuance of M3

Discontinuance of M3

On March 23, 2006, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System will cease publication of the M3 monetary aggregate. The Board will also cease publishing the following components: large-denomination time deposits, repurchase agreements (RPs), and Eurodollars. The Board will continue to publish institutional money market mutual funds as a memorandum item in this release.

Measures of large-denomination time deposits will continue to be published by the Board in the Flow of Funds Accounts (Z.1 release) on a quarterly basis and in the H.8 release on a weekly basis (for commercial banks).

KEEPING THE WORLD SAFE... for Manipulation

The U.S. Fed is talking about doing away with M3 statistics.

They show a rise of 4% over the past 12 months, and 11% over the last 3 months.

Just what do they have in mind?

Broadcast, part 2, with Paul Nolte:

<a href='http://www.netcastdaily.com/broadcast/fsn2005-1112-1.asx' target='window'>http://www.netcastdaily.com/broadcast/fsn2005-1112-1.asx</a>

this is really bizarre doc,where did you dig this up??

....the ECB are starting to get hot on money supply,so what the hell is going on?