House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sledgehead

Virtual Property Market Booming

Virtual property market booming, BBC, 10/11

"We've really only just begun with the estate sales and land management, there is still more room for growth and revenue with the untapped resources surrounding the land."

Last month, another of Entropia's virtual properties - a virtual space station - sold at auction for £57,000.

:blink:

Who... are ... these ... idiots????

Do these uber-nerds not realise that their world is infinitely clonable and therefore of ABSOLUTELY NO VALUE WHATSOEVER???? (okay, maybe worth the price of one copy of windows XP - ie worthless)

Do these uber-nerds not realise that their world is infinitely clonable and therefore of ABSOLUTELY NO VALUE WHATSOEVER???? (okay, maybe worth the price of one copy of windows XP - ie worthless)

Why don't you go ahead and clone them, then, and make your fortune?

Why don't you go ahead and clone them, then, and make your fortune?

Because nothing cloned a million times is still nothing ... of course :blink:

..... hang on a cotton-pickin-minute..... Dukes, purrrrrlease don't tell me you are into this ....

Edited by Sledgehead

Don't know, but there's 300,000 of them.

That article has made me feel quite sick.

"Neverdie plans to use his space station to establish an in-game "night club" through which the entertainment industry can sell music and videos to gamers. "

Very reminiscent of dotcom. Websites valued themselves according to ad space. That was only 5 years ago.

So he can advertise to members of this glorified MUDD. So what? What the hell are they gonna buy? What the hell do the sort of people who to live their lives in a virtual world want with real goods and services?

If I were the marketing director of Nike and this guy approached me over the possibility of buying some ad space in his virtual world, I'd be obliged to tell him I'd have to holdfire on the deal until my employer started manufacturing virtual trainers....

Because nothing cloned a million times is still nothing ... of course :blink:

..... hang on a cotton-pickin-minute..... Dukes, purrrrrlease don't tell me you are into this ....

Bit confused. You're saying people are mad to pay a lot of money for nothing, say it can be cloned ,then say you can't clone nothing? Huh?

I'm not into this, as it happens. I find computer games are boring, as a rule. The only point I wanted to make was that people pay a lot for things that have questionable inherent worth, like paintings or holy relics, merely because people believe they're valuable.

Bit confused. You're saying people are mad to pay a lot of money for nothing, say it can be cloned ,then say you can't clone nothing? Huh?

I'm not into this, as it happens. I find computer games are boring, as a rule. The only point I wanted to make was that people pay a lot for things that have questionable inherent worth, like paintings or holy relics, merely because people believe they're valuable.

I think his point is that there will only ever be one "Mona Lisa" but at the press of a button, a million new virtual worlds for sale. But the I guess you know that... I'll get my coat.

I think his point is that there will only ever be one "Mona Lisa" but at the press of a button, a million new virtual worlds for sale. But the I guess you know that... I'll get my coat.

I think that's exactly what he didn't get. Put your coat down that man!

Virtual property market booming, BBC, 10/11

"We've really only just begun with the estate sales and land management, there is still more room for growth and revenue with the untapped resources surrounding the land."

Last month, another of Entropia's virtual properties - a virtual space station - sold at auction for £57,000.

:blink:

Well if they're having fun......

Mind you, it does rather bring Nero to mind. It sent a shiver down my spine. As if blurring reality and fantasy were somehow progress....

Gulp! We must be near the end now.