House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pad

Rightmove - Policing Their Agents

I find it irritating that rightmove allow agents to have properties on their site for months stc -

some which I know have actually completed - new owners moved in but they still appear as sold stc on rightmove -

Is this happening elsewhere?

Rightmove is owned by Countrywide. Could we really expect any better?

They did have an automaticly added "Reduced" banner for all of about 1 day before all the EAs got angry and forced them to get rid of it!

Why was that? I look through the paper every week and 50% have price reduced banners on them (some properties for a couple of weeks!)?

Do you know it was the agents who wanted the reduced - removed, or was it rightmove-countrywide who didnt want the reality shown.

I find it surprising that rightmove dont have any method of contacting them. I would have complained about ea's leaving sold stuff on the site for so long, if there had been anywhere to complain to.

I find it irritating that rightmove allow agents to have properties on their site for months stc -

some which I know have actually completed - new owners moved in but they still appear as sold stc on rightmove -

Is this happening elsewhere?

I know of one agent that never seems to clear their stuff off their website and it also appears on Rightmove as well. I know of 1 place that was sold and completed a year ago and is still on their website. It does say sold though, as opposed to other properties on their website that simply say under offer.

Rightmove is owned by Countrywide. Could we really expect any better?

They did have an automaticly added "Reduced" banner for all of about 1 day before all the EAs got angry and forced them to get rid of it!

I e-mailed RM about that, and they said it was technical difficulties and they will be bringing back the reduced banner! Apparantly. They couldn't give me a date... so i'm more inclined to believe your view!