House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gruffydd

Downtrodden Ftbs

I met up with some fellow PR people earlier today and at the end of our main brainstorming session (thinking of ways to promote a new margarine :ph34r: ) I got on to housing and after half an hour with some of the best brains in the business (yes, PR is a bit of a sham), we came up with a way to highlight the plight of FTBs - a giant blow-up (very reapidly inflating, so it could be smuggled in) boot that could be suddenly inflated outside the HofCommons / Welsh Assembly / Scottish Parliament / Dail (press given tip offs prior to event), and a load of 'downtrodden' FTBs piling in under the boot - with pictures of Gordon Brown, Mervyn King, various banks, all stuck on the boot. When the police get involved in trying to shift the boot, someone could deflate it in a way that kind of annoys them???! Anyway, by the end of this session, we were all in hysterics. One of the blokes, a 60 odd year old, very serious usually, couldn't talk for about 10 minutes. Anyone want to take this forward :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

no. but how about letting us know what the best marketing brains did with this margarine spread.?

i hope they didnt forget to mention, the light delicate taste and with only half the fat of dairy butter.

so good. the cows want to electrically pump it back into their udders.

so good the cows will go on the game for it.

-now thats a winner..??

Edited by right_freds_dead

B***** H*ll - you deserve a career in PR, though your ideas may be too original! By the way, margarine is losing market share to butter - the whole margarine industry is in a mad panic about it.

Edited by gruffydd

I met up with some fellow PR people earlier today and at the end of our main brainstorming session (thinking of ways to promote a new margarine :ph34r: ) I got on to housing and after half an hour with some of the best brains in the business (yes, PR is a bit of a sham), we came up with a way to highlight the plight of FTBs - a giant blow-up (very reapidly inflating, so it could be smuggled in) boot that could be suddenly inflated outside the HofCommons / Welsh Assembly / Scottish Parliament / Dail (press given tip offs prior to event), and a load of 'downtrodden' FTBs piling in under the boot - with pictures of Gordon Brown, Mervyn King, various banks, all stuck on the boot. When the police get involved in trying to shift the boot, someone could deflate it in a way that kind of annoys them???! Anyway, by the end of this session, we were all in hysterics. One of the blokes, a 60 odd year old, very serious usually, couldn't talk for about 10 minutes. Anyone want to take this forward :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What about a big ball and chain tied around the ankle with 'DEBT' written on the side. That would also make a nice sound on making contact with Tony Blairs head.

Actually the ball would be a model house with 'DEBT' written on the roof, tied to the ankle. Although really it would need to be a studio, not sure how you would represent that, perhaps just the roof of the house as that's where the crappiest studio/1-bed flats are....mmm

I think that would sumarise the position of the FTB quite nicely

Edited by munimula

How about a massive balloon in the shape of a house with "What goes up must come down" on one side, with "debt" on the other. This can the be filled with helium and let loose above London! - It must be bloody huge tho! (Bit like a bouncy castle?)

Oh, and if you are gonna do this (nudge, nudge). I'd prefer to keep Merv's name off it. He's the good Apple in the basket!

dumroamin

i hope that is tequila laced typing rather than a freudian slip.

(and at least wait till i'm back online so i can defend my honour!)

*adjusts position on couch as is uncomfortable wearing no knickers*

got that maggie song stuck in my head now .... :lol: