House Price Crash Forum

New Posters - Beware Of The Censorship On This Site

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Why will you not explain why you stop someone designated a Troll from ever posting?

That is censorshop.

You know perfectly well that I had NEVER posted before yesterday.

As you are posting the same rubbish on certain threads, I have put you on moderator approval.

No, you are not banned but yours posts will not be put up unless the repeating of silly statements stops.

[ Edit: when webmaster investigates and fixes the problem allowing trolls to post ]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Charlie The Tramp
London Landlady Today, 11:08 AM

you said it!

I read a thread about Apolo - and aparently this poster was removed for being rude to the moderators.

Crashismyname is rude (very IMO) to many posters - but he does not get pulled up for it.

There's a good thread in the off topic section about censorship - but it has slipped off page 1. it needs someone to TTT it (to the top)

Paranoid Posted Yesterday, 05:15 PM

Just read a thread about someone called Apolo who was asked to leave for insulting a moderator.

Also noticed that someone called Crashisontheway is NOT banned for insulting other posters

Well well you posted yesterday under two IDs.

The sign of a true troll with identical input.

You did promise not to do that again.

Yes you are completely right.

But I've got in a complete mess with the 2 pc's.

When you come out of AOL - it doesn't log you out of web sites - so I keep getting logged in under the stupid aliases. I don't want to be "paranoid the troll! or "happy homebuyer" the troll - I just wannabe LL - and be able to post, participate in polls and edit my threads.

I ONLY started the other 2 identities as I was trying to find out why I couldn't post at all

And I did highlight that you had a system problem- which you very kindly fixed & I did say thank you.

I rally am NOT any of those other people (as you know) but I really would like to be re-classed as a non- troll & given another chance.

Can you delete the other 2? Paranoid & HH?

& untroll me?

Please

Yes you are completely right.

But I've got in a complete mess with the 2 pc's.

When you come out of AOL - it doesn't log you out of web sites - so I keep getting logged in under the stupid aliases. I don't want to be "paranoid the troll! or "happy homebuyer" the troll - I just wannabe LL - and be able to post, participate in polls and edit my threads.

I ONLY started the other 2 identities as I was trying to find out why I couldn't post at all

And I did highlight that you had a system problem- which you very kindly fixed & I did say thank you.

I really am NOT any of those other people (as you know) but I really would like to be re-classed as a non- troll & given another chance.

Can you delete the other 2? Paranoid & HH?

& untroll me?

Please

[Just an edit to change rally to really]

And also, just in case you wondered why I got ion a mess yetsterday/Saturday or whenever it was

I use a desktop & a laptop during the week - at the w/e someone else uses the desktop - so I went on the laptop & that was logged in as Paranoid or HH and when I posted they didn't appear as posts - so I tried using both and nothing came up - which wasn't the point really.

That sounds like Vikki Pollard - I am trying my best not to be a troll but my IT expertise is not particularly good.

Apologies again.

Final ramble from me on the subject -

Is there any way you can change all my alias posts (I mean mine - the Happy homeowner & paranoid) to me, LL?

That way noo-one woule be duped into thinking it was 3 people?

Or change this User id to London Landlady AKA Happy homeowner AKA Paranoid?? I don't know how to do that - but I'm sure you could.

I've been hovering on this site for about 10 months now and in that time, two things i've observed are

1) The mockery of the censorship of bulls sites i.e. C4

2) Mimicking this censorship through the back door. Moving anything bullish or critical to the off topic section.

Never mind a debate about the future of the police. We need a pinned thread in the main forum to discuss what sort of HPC site we really want.

The arguements for multi forums to make organisation and navigation easier are undermimed by the admins pinning of (an increasing) amount of off topic threads in the main forum. The troll thread, whats your education etc, These are theoreticly out of the remit of the main forum but they are deemed worthy by the admin clique. I'll probably be deemed a Troll or banned now, but never mind, I've said my peace.

Lets not slip into herdish groupthink, which i think we may be begining too!

FH

I've been hovering on this site for about 10 months now and in that time, two things i've observed are

1) The mockery of the censorship of bulls sites i.e. C4

2) Mimicking this censorship through the back door. Moving anything bullish or critical to the off topic section.

Never mind a debate about the future of the police. We need a pinned thread in the main forum to discuss what sort of HPC site we really want.

The arguements for multi forums to make organisation and navigation easier are undermimed by the admins pinning of (an increasing) amount of off topic threads in the main forum. The troll thread, whats your education etc, These are theoreticly out of the remit of the main forum but they are deemed worthy by the admin clique. I'll probably be deemed a Troll or banned now, but never mind, I've said my peace.

Lets not slip into herdish groupthink, which i think we may be begining too!

FH

You can't post that - they will think you're a troll!

Oops - you have made less than the required 300,000,000 posts required to reach uber member status - exterminate exterminate...................

(sorry but it has now got to me!)

Guest Bart of Darkness
Very democratic.
That is censorshop.

Forums are not democratic entities which we have a "right" to use. As an example, I was thrown off the Ex-pats site after one post. I don't agree with their moderating policies but it is, after all, THEIR forum. It is not a public resource like a library, it is a private undertaking, financed privately. If you want a "democratic" forum, use your own money to set up your own forum (unmoderated of course, must be democratic).

I'd give it a week before it decended into trollish anarchy.

Forums are not democratic entities which we have a "right" to use. As an example, I was thrown off the Ex-pats site after one post. I don't agree with their moderating policies but it is, after all, THEIR forum. It is not a public resource like a library, it is a private undertaking, financed privately. If you want a "democratic" forum, use your own money to set up your own forum (unmoderated of course, must be democratic).

I'd give it a week before it decended into trollish anarchy.

http://www.slashdot.com

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bart of Darkness

Anyone who thinks themselves hard done by at HPC.co.uk is perfectly free to set up a rival forum, run exactly the way they want it.

Let us know if it's going to be unmoderated, I fancy a right free for all with name calling, posting under multiple user names and the starting of umpteen threads, all covering the same subject.

(Judging by the trolls on this forum, that is the accepted way to carry on, is it not?)

The summaries for the stories are generally submitted by Slashdot's own readers with editors accepting or rejecting these contributions for general posting.

Well spotted Charlie.

I think a troll is someone who spouts the massmedia mindless information of propaganda.

I guess this is the same as a 'wind up merchant'.

As the mass media are my trolls, their misinformation makes my blood boil.

Can we ban them as well.

p.s. my parents told me it was bad to lie and they're right.

Trolls, liars, propagandi and the mass media, dig a hole and shove 'em in and spin a nice story about the tale. Maybe the can build real estate and markets in there.

I hear Ch.4 have banned open views by the educated bears. Have a word with them and let me know the outcome please.

Thanks.

Edited by music man

House Price Crash in my opinion is a great marketing tool/ and perfect information source...

Im sure most of the people on here use it as a reference source, i know i do, I made a decision over 2 years ago, that the time was not right to buy, i also find personal references very interesting including personal experiences.

In difficult times, people, stick together, all speak up... bring on HPC, or bring back affordable housing!

Also, on moderating, no one has a god given right to be here. I appreciated the opportunity HPC give me, and others to view without having to register. I am now registered and VOCAL.

I am a moderator on another forum, you need to ban TROLLS, or trouble makers, their prime ambition in life is to use a little computer to wind people up, and 100% of the time, their attitude always changes in person and becomes less agressive!...

Look forward to meeting you all soon

House Price Crash in my opinion is a great marketing tool/ and perfect information source...

Im sure most of the people on here use it as a reference source, i know i do, I made a decision over 2 years ago, that the time was not right to buy, i also find personal references very interesting including personal experiences.

In difficult times, people, stick together, all speak up... bring on HPC, or bring back affordable housing!

Also, on moderating, no one has a god given right to be here. I appreciated the opportunity HPC give me, and others to view without having to register. I am now registered and VOCAL.

I am a moderator on another forum, you need to ban TROLLS, or trouble makers, their prime ambition in life is to use a little computer to wind people up, and 100% of the time, their attitude always changes in person and becomes less agressive!...

Look forward to meeting you all soon

marky,

welcome to HPC. glad to have you posting. Trolls are usefull part of the food chain. When we discover them we shoot them down and feed off them to provide us with moral sustenance and intestinal fortitude.

Which is why when I spy a troll in my sights I say

Grayson! Fetch my shotgun, I fancy some sport!

Test

Hmm - it seems this is the only part if the forum I am allowed to post in from today.

I'm really not sure what I have done to upset the applecart this time - but whatever it was -

i really am very sorry.

Have a really nice Christmas everyone (or seasonal break) and I hope 2006 brings you everything you could possibly wish for.

Adieu.

:(

Hmm - it seems this is the only part if the forum I am allowed to post in from today.

What a strange statement, on Friday you posted on the Main Forum the following posts.

Your last post was made 4 minutes before this post at 5:02pm. Since then although browsing on the 17th you made no attempt to post.

London Landlady Posted on: Dec 16 2005, 05:02 PM

I have an engineering degree but have not really used it at all.

London Landlady Posted on: Dec 16 2005, 11:06 AM

I did a Mechanical engineering degree and even though I worked in Engineering initially, I don't think I actually used more than 1% of what I learnt. I think that if someone has the ability to study for a degree, they are just as likely to succeed in life whetehr they do or do not have a degree.

London Landlady Posted on: Dec 16 2005, 09:52 AM

And neither am I!

What a strange statement, on Friday you posted on the Main Forum the following posts.

Your last post was made 4 minutes before this post at 5:02pm. Since then although browsing on the 17th you made no attempt to post.

I'm not sure what the problem is - but I made 10 posts and none of them seemed to come up.

That's why I made 2 very similar ones. about the engineering thing.

Could you possibly confirm whether I can or cannot post in the main forum?

I'm not sure what the problem is - but I made 10 posts and none of them seemed to come up.

That's why I made 2 very similar ones. about the engineering thing.

Could you possibly confirm whether I can or cannot post in the main forum?

PS I have stopped posting because it seems pointless if you only put half of my posts up and I have no idea whether a post will appear or not.

I really don't mind - it's your site - I wuld have liked to join in the discussion but you have actually made it almost impossible for me.

Was it my tongue in cheek signature which you took a dislike to? not sure.

As I said before, I wish you all a very Happy Christmas break and that 2006 brings everything you could all possibly wish for.

My prediction for 2006 (for what it's worth) is a rise of 4-6% (round here!)

PS I have stopped posting because it seems pointless if you only put half of my posts up and I have no idea whether a post will appear or not.

I really don't mind - it's your site - I wuld have liked to join in the discussion but you have actually made it almost impossible for me.

Was it my tongue in cheek signature which you took a dislike to? not sure.

As I said before, I wish you all a very Happy Christmas break and that 2006 brings everything you could all possibly wish for.

My prediction for 2006 (for what it's worth) is a rise of 4-6% (round here!)