House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paranoid

New Posters - Beware Of The Censorship On This Site

If, like me, you have lurked around reading the posts & threads you will get the impression that everyone is pessamistic - pretty much.

Yesterday, someone tried to put the opposite side of an agrgument on BTL (Buy to Let)

She was declared "A Troll" and from then on - unable to post.

She tried to post today as a different person - to ask why she was not allowed to post - that person was then banned.

The thread was then removed/relegated to the "Off Topic" thread.

If you do intend to post, which I stronlgly advise against, do not under any circumstances say anything other than - we are all doomed, prices will drop 95% - rents will fall to £5 per week.

These are (apparently) the only posts which are allowed.

Oh Yes, and abusive posts calling people names - you can do that - as long as you are a bear.

AND - be prepared for everyone to accuse you of lying, being someone else etc.

JUST Think - who benefits from this site? who receives the advertising revenue?

They can't rename it " House prices might not rise as quickly" now can they???

Oh - and I will most probably be banned for posting this.

B)

Guest Riser

If, like me, you have lurked around reading the posts & threads you will get the impression that everyone is pessamistic - pretty much.

Yesterday, someone tried to put the opposite side of an agrgument on BTL (Buy to Let)

She was declared "A Troll" and from then on - unable to post.

She tried to post today as a different person - to ask why she was not allowed to post - that person was then banned.

If you do intend to post, which I stronlgly advise against, do not under any circumstances say anything other than - we are all doomed, prices will drop 95% - rents will fall to £5 per week.

These are (apparently) the only posts which are allowed.

Oh Yes, and abusive posts calling people names - you can do that - as long as you are a bear.

AND - be prepared for everyone to accuse you of lying, being someone else etc.

JUST Think - who benefits from this site? who receives the advertising revenue?

They can't rename it " House prices might not rise as quickly" now can they???

Oh - and I will most probably be banned for posting this.

B)

You still here Apollo thought you woud be busy working through your stacks of property details preparing for the Christmas rush.

B)

I had alook at the Troll thread for the first time a few days back. It's quite a surprise to see how out of the real world it is very easy for a bunch of people to take offence at what someone else says and then decide to delete them from existence. No need to allow any chance of explanation or appeal, just totally deleted.

Just glad I don't live in China. Maybe some of the posters who like to delete the trolls would prefer to take up residency there, must still be time to get in on the Shanghai buy to let market.

Why don't you start a 'Wallace & Gromit' thread and argue about whether the moon is really made of cheese?

Probably about your level!

Or you could just clear off!

I'd like to ask the webmaster - is this true? Are people banned from this site?

If so can you tell us what the banning guidelines are?

If 3 people declare someone "A Troll" they (HPC) change their status to Troll and theycan't post any more.

A Troll is suposed to be someone who gets a kick out of winding people up on the internet, but in reality it appears that it is anyone who disgrees with the general sentiment on this board.

If they (HPC) don't like a thread they move it to the "Off Topic" sub set

Very democratic. B)

EDIT _ WOW - LOOK how fast they moved it!

See why I'm paranoid?

Right I've read up on the trolling bit and understand why the thread has been moved.

However shouldn't it have been moved to the trolling thread bit?

Also has London Landlady been banned?

Right I've read up on the trolling bit and understand why the thread has been moved.

However shouldn't it have been moved to the trolling thread bit?

Also has London Landlady been banned?

She must have been as she has not posted since - she tried to post as happy househunter & then that was deemed a troll.

I also posted a thread about site etiquette - asking bulls or trolls to be humerous or preferably factual and back up their claims.

This was also moved - Is this cencorship NO it was OFF TOPIC as in NOT contributing to the debate over house prices and was rightly moved. So has your thread - it's not been cencored just moved into the right area of the forum.

Also I was criticised by several HPC posters as they believe any one has the right to post and say what they want (even if it is the same old time wasting, aggresive drivel)

I would guess if someone is banned its for not sticking to the forum rules and posting under many different user names, not engaing in debate and just posting for the sake of being a wind-up merchant.

Guest Charlie The Tramp
A Troll is suposed to be someone who gets a kick out of winding people up on the internet, but in reality it appears that it is anyone who disgrees with the general sentiment on this board.

Exactly what you are doing.

How is your good wife and her friend.

If 3 people declare someone "A Troll" they (HPC) change their status to Troll and theycan't post any more.

If they (HPC) don't like a thread they move it to the "Off Topic" sub set

Very democratic. B)

EDIT _ WOW - LOOK how fast they moved it!

See why I'm paranoid?

ummm it IS off topic, the mods here do a damn fine job, ask a mod directly and im sure they will take the time to say why the person in question was banned. Mind you they also dont need to explain thier actions.

There are alot of forums on this internet thing and i personally think this board is mod'ed very well. Just think if they were really that "sneaky" (for want of a better word) then they could of just deleted your post, fact is though they havn't because its not broken any forum rules, apart from being off topic. So tbh i would not question any of thier integrity.

I also posted a thread about site etiquette - asking bulls or trolls to be humerous or preferably factual and back up their claims.

This was also moved - Is this cencorship NO it was OFF TOPIC as in NOT contributing to the debate over house prices and was rightly moved. So has your thread - it's not been cencored just moved into the right area of the forum.

Also I was criticised by several HPC posters as they believe any one has the right to post and say what they want (even if it is the same old time wasting, aggresive drivel)

I would guess if someone is banned its for not sticking to the forum rules and posting under many different user names, not engaing in debate and just posting for the sake of being a wind-up merchant.

It is not the moving of threads I am objecting to specifically,its not allowing someone to post at all.

It is not the moving of threads I am objecting to specifically,its not allowing someone to post at all.

see:

Paranoid I am guessing you are also Apolo and Demo and probably Londo Landlady (how else do you know they tried to register with a different name?)

see:

Paranoid I am guessing you are also Apolo and Demo and probably Londo Landlady (how else do you know they tried to register with a different name?)

I am not, Apollo or Demo.

London Landlady said this morning she was posting as Happy Homebuyer because she couldn't post as LL.

Edited by Paranoid

ummm it IS off topic, the mods here do a damn fine job, ask a mod directly and im sure they will take the time to say why the person in question was banned. Mind you they also dont need to explain thier actions.

There are alot of forums on this internet thing and i personally think this board is mod'ed very well. Just think if they were really that "sneaky" (for want of a better word) then they could of just deleted your post, fact is though they havn't because its not broken any forum rules, apart from being off topic. So tbh i would not question any of thier integrity.

I think its mod'ed very well also.

Need to be carefull with this trolling thing though; sticking to the rules as they were set out in the pinned thread on the main board. Even this needs caution, it doesn't take a lot to get three nominations.

Also if London Landlady is banned and it is for using multiple names it would be a benifit to make this clear.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by bandylegs

Need to be carefull with this trolling thing though; sticking to the rules as they were set out in the pinned thread on the main board. Even this needs caution, it doesn't take a lot to get three nominations.

Also if London Landlady is banned and it is for using multiple names it would be a benifit to make this clear.

Edited for spelling.

LL was banned for being a troll - that was alll

The multiple personality thing was afterwards to find out why she was not allowed to post.

She SAID she was Happy Home buyer

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Edited for spelling.

Three hits are not automatic for a troll label.

The moderators make the final decision.

London Landlady said this morning she was posting as Happy Homebuyer because she couldn't post as LL.

Maybe you should register as "schizophrenic" instead of "paranoid" - it would suit your "multiple personalities" :lol:

Three hits are not automatic for a troll label.

The moderators make the final decision.

Thanks Charlie. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with that.

All the evidence suggests that London Landlady was posting under several names which I feel is justafiably bannable.

Censorship is a very contentious, all such situations would benifit from as much clarity as possible.

Thanks Charlie. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with that.

All the evidence suggests that London Landlady was posting under several names which I feel is justafiably bannable.

Censorship is a very contentious, all such situations would benifit from as much clarity as possible.

She did not post under different names UNTILL she was banned.

The mods know if someone is using an alias and LL was accused of being all sorts of people before she was banned- the mods could have said "that is unlikely as that poster posted from a different IP address!

Guest The_Oldie

She did not post under different names UNTILL she was banned.

The mods know if someone is using an alias and LL was accused of being all sorts of people before she was banned- the mods could have said "that is unlikely as that poster posted from a different IP address!

Oh for heavens sake give up this charade. You are posting from the same IP address as LL & HH and your email address is very similar to that of LL.

Oh for heavens sake give up this charade. You are posting from the same IP address as LL & HH and your email address is very similar to that of LL.

Why will you not explain why you stop someone designated a Troll from ever posting?

That is censorshop.

You know perfectly well that I had NEVER posted before yesterday.

If I was your office boss, I'd say listen up people ....WE ARE NOT GOING TO SELL ANY PROPERTIES TO THOSE MUPPETS ON HPC.......SO GET OFF THE WEB GET OFF YOUR @RSE'S AND GET OUT THERE TALKING TO OUR CLIENTS ABOUT REDUCING PRICES :rolleyes: