House Price Crash Forum
sign_of_the_times

The Ttrtr / Es Apology Thread

Time to Raise the Rents

Economic Sensation

This thread is set up for you two "experts" who both stated in previous posts that interest rates would definitely be CUT today.

Would you care to explain to the rest of us why the MPC, against your better judgement, have left rates on hold ?

{this should be good!}

blah blah blah, price of oil... rents rising so doesnt matter, hounslow still strong blah blah blah

no cut means economy strong so rents go up, I'm rich, rich, rich

loadsa money, me.

you are all poor u scumboids.

And I'm aussie too, so my d!ck is eNORmous

they will cut next time blah balh blah

blah blah blah, price of oil... rents rising so doesnt matter, hounslow still strong blah blah blah

loadsa money, me.

well it needs to be, have you seen the size of a kangeroo's Fanjita ?

I misunderstood the title. I thought this thread was for apologizing to TRTRT because we claimed the house prices were dropping when the Land Registry data shows they are going up up up.

Sorry TRTRT.

Anyway, this is effectively a .5% rise in interest rates (relative to the dollar). So they were almost right about that too.

Guest Bart of Darkness

loadsa money, me.

That's spooky. It's almost as if TTRTR was in the room.

Maybe he should change his name to Time To Raise Interest Rates...

:lol:

P.S. Why is TTRTR so keen on increased rents, his he failing to cover his costs?

that would infringe copyright.....already one poster with that username (though I wonder how he came up with it :P )

ttrtr is probably the only landlord (allegedly)raising rents whilst most landlords are not, or in some cases, having to reduce theirs.

make of that what you will.

btw, notice how our resident clowns are keeping a low profile today ? :P

Cmon guys, be fair.

He could come straight back and say - thought house prices were dropping. Even though the LR figures point to a rise in house prices at the top end of the market.

If everything was that simple we would all be on betfair.com and the like. OK he WAS wrong about IR's. I also predict that after christmas FEB/MAR is when there MAY be a rise. But 'as is' for the Christmas Period in my view.

TTRTR - I for one put my hand up and listened to your arguements, which I dont believe are 'realistic', but the fact remains that the LR figures show a rise, so I am wrong. This is your chance to get some brownie points by admitting that YOU were wrong. ES - cant comment on coz I dont recall a thread where I actually stuck with. Far more BULLISH that TTRTR imho.

It takes a bigger man to admit he is wrong.

TB

I misunderstood the title. I thought this thread was for apologizing to TRTRT because we claimed the house prices were dropping when the Land Registry data shows they are going up up up.

Sorry TRTRT.

who is TRTRT?

Time Raise To Rents The?

;)

Time to Raise the Rents

Economic Sensation

This thread is set up for you two "experts" who both stated in previous posts that interest rates would definitely be CUT today.

Would you care to explain to the rest of us why the MPC, against your better judgement, have left rates on hold ?

{this should be good!}

Here's a deal for you:

You bring me a quote, where I said "interest rates would definitely be CUT today" and I'll see what I can do for you.

As far as I remember, the words I've used are that November would be the first chance of another cut.

Here's a deal for you:

You bring me a quote, where I said "interest rates would definitely be CUT today" and I'll see what I can do for you.

As far as I remember, the words I've used are that November would be the first chance of another cut.

ooh you should stand for Parliament!

Sorry TRTRT.

Hi,

Well, have a look through the land registry figures. There are falls in the figures. And there are rises. So there is a way to go yet.

And SOT should work at the Sun.

I would, only I can't stand Phony Bliar.........

as for proving what you said, I really can't be bothered to trawl through your old posts, but we both know (as do most people on here who can back me up) you were banging on about the next rate cut being November. (roundabout the time you were crowing after the last cut)

don't worry, I won't think any less of you if you admit you got it wrong :P

I would, only I can't stand Phony Bliar.........

as for proving what you said, I really can't be bothered to trawl through your old posts, but we both know (as do most people on here who can back me up) you were banging on about the next rate cut being November. (roundabout the time you were crowing after the last cut)

don't worry, I won't think any less of you if you admit you got it wrong :P

Come on, I gave you a chance, find that post.

Otherwise I think you owe me an apology.....

Come on, I gave you a chance, find that post.

Otherwise I think you owe me an apology.....

After all the repetative nonsense you have spouted over the past year I suspect that the last thing you deserve is an apology?

I think your demeanour is pretty well summed up in your arrogant screen name Time to raise the rents....

Time for who and for whose benifit?

Edited by Randall Herbert

Guest The_Oldie

Just got CNBC on in the background & they reckon the market now expects rates have peaked and will be cut in both August & November!

Wonderful news then, I'll have all your tenners by bank transfer mid August please.

Also, wouldn't it be nice if my 7-8% HPI prediction for 2005 comes true! You guys/girls will have to start showing me some respect then won't you!

:D

Nice one Oldie, I guess you're helping to show that I made comments about it, but not a firm prediction of my own?

And I would like to add for those who don't know, that I was the only person a year ago now who believed that 4.75% was the rate peak, based on my lenders comments and that the request for tenners was related to the peak achieved if rates dropped in August.

Funny though, no tenners arrived.....

Edited by Time to raise the rents.

Nice one Oldie, I guess you're helping to show that I made comments about it, but not a firm prediction of my own?

Wriggle, wriggle wriggle!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Nice find CTT. I would like to throw in my 2 cents worth though. Wasn't it a wait until the early 80's that saw recession & problems with HP's after the date you've found this data for.

If we were to accept it as a guide to current circumstances, will we see a recession in 6-7 years and HP growth until then? It makes sense, the Olympics provide a 6-7 year goal post to aim for.

And personally re this thread I think November is the first chance of a rate reduction & the bad news piling up at the moment will eventually tip the scale.

I asked because the earliest I'd heard of expectations for another cut was November, I think Oct would be too early in most peoples opinions, but you never know.

Fed on hold now to help with the New Orleans problem so they say....

Kirsty's cracks??? :lol:

Its not a problem TTRTR, open discussion means being able to make predictions that could turn out to be wrong...

Were you trying to defend your credibility or your bullish stance?

anyone who is in business for real, and not just a parasitic landlord, knows the recession is already heaving into view, and now can't be stopped. the flexibilty to cut rates has gone cos the yanks are heading the other way.

only one way for prices now - down.

anyone who bought within the last 3 years is now a lifelong debtslave. Congrats.