House Price Crash Forum

More Good Financial News Pointing To The Coming Hpc

HOLA441

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/051110/214/fwiwl.html

"The consumer credit marketplace has become more difficult and general arrears levels amongst the company's direct unsecured loan customers have risen as anticipated, resulting in increased provisions."

"London Scottish Bank added that in order to improve its profitability it was continuing to review the potential of loss making branches having already announced the closure of an additional five branches since the half year-end."

An often repeated story in the news these days. The cash flow is running dry as people are finding that they can no longer pay for the goods they bought. This trend is finding its way into the housing market where the exact same problem, albeit on a larger scale, prevails. Repo rates are up everywhere with Merseyside leading the trend with a 78% YOY increase from 2004.

The HPC is coming--it has to work its way through the steps and step one is summed up in the above article.

The article above talks about BANK CLOSURES--evil omens for the marketplace do not come any stronger than that.

HOLA442

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/051110/214/fwiwl.html

"The consumer credit marketplace has become more difficult and general arrears levels amongst the company's direct unsecured loan customers have risen as anticipated, resulting in increased provisions."

"London Scottish Bank added that in order to improve its profitability it was continuing to review the potential of loss making branches having already announced the closure of an additional five branches since the half year-end."

An often repeated story in the news these days. The cash flow is running dry as people are finding that they can no longer pay for the goods they bought. This trend is finding its way into the housing market where the exact same problem, albeit on a larger scale, prevails. Repo rates are up everywhere with Merseyside leading the trend with a 78% YOY increase from 2004.

The HPC is coming--it has to work its way through the steps and step one is summed up in the above article.

The article above talks about BANK CLOSURES--evil omens for the marketplace do not come any stronger than that.

Come on - the closure of a few branches of a minor bank is not 'an evil omen' for the marketplace. It is merely the closure of a few branches of a minor bank.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

agree with IMB unfortunately. Australian top 5 banks had best year ever - all records broken.

However -ALL banks here forecast tough times (like most companies downgrading profits) ahead and unemployment has risen in consecutive months here. Step by Step I agree with - HPC on the way - my own landlord put my place on the market this week - I'll no doubt make some silly offers to p**s him off in a bid to minimize his profit and maximize a potential bargain for me.

The owner of my apartment turns around unprofitable business for a living, he has sat on my unit for 12 years - it's a growth area - you dont get better advise than that when smart people sell in growth areas - HPC on the way

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Went round my neightbours house for fireworks last weekend and his daugter turned up. She works for HSBC and has to achieve 50 credit card signups a month I think it was. She must have been a bit short as she'd already persuaded her mum and dad to apply for CCs and me and mrs bottletop were next on the list.

Just goes to show how pressured bank employees are to encourage indebtedness.

HOLA4415