House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
libitina

Council Tax - Homes Leap 6 Bands!

http://www.shropshirestar.com/show_article.php?aID=39156

New figures released in the House of Commons show 85 homes have shot up by six bands across Wales, 58 in North and Mid Wales, and 37 properties, in Powys
Based on the council tax figures for 2005/6, that would mean the owners of a property, for example, in Churchstoke that was in Band A before revaluation, would see their bill leap from £499.29 to a massive £1,248.22.

makes me laugh. they spit and cry at rises of £100 a year, as the young find rises in houses of up to 300%.

d...d..d....d...destruction...

....in brighton today a council spokesman said that recent poll tax had risen sharply in that sensitive sussex coastal area. overall in the uk, the poll tax charges totalled an average of £2689 pounds...

d...d...d....destruction...

a poll tax payer paid an average of 12 monthly payments...

..but was exposed to hostile binmen almost every day...

Edited by right_freds_dead

I was talking to my Grandad a few weeks ago (he lives in N Wales) and he said to me that his house was worth at least £250,000 (he bought it for about £60,000 10 years ago, I think). I mentioned to him that this wasn't real money, unless he sold it and moved to a cheaper place (he claims that his next removal company will be the local funeral directors- yes, I know!). Anyway, I also pointed out that all this 'fantastic' value would do is increase his council tax bill.

I think I depressed him. Oh well, it's his Birthday soon (he'll be 89 and he's still as fit as a fiddle), I'll have to get him a good bottle of whisky.

Edited by laughing_goat

makes me laugh. they spit and cry at rises of £100 a year, as the young find rises in houses of up to 300%.

d...d..d....d...destruction...

....in brighton today a council spokesman said that recent poll tax had risen sharply in that sensitive sussex coastal area. overall in the uk, the poll tax charges totalled an average of £2689 pounds...

d...d...d....destruction...

a poll tax payer paid an average of 12 monthly payments...

..but was exposed to hostile binmen almost every day...

£2689? Thats about what i pay for my rent every year! (which includes council tax, electricity, gas and water!)

Edited by moosetea

Coucil Tax - it's like a second mortgage now.

Years ago your mortgage payments might be £200 a month. Now your council tax bill is that. W@nkers the lot of them - I wish they'd privatise the lot.

A survey this morning says some children from ethnic minorities in Newbury and Thatcham do less well at school than other groups ....

I heard this and thought 'I wonder how much they spent on that survey?' Who decided to commission it? Why did they think it was needed? Why do they presume to spend council taxpayer's money like this.

Surveys, research, targets, monitoring ... a massive, suffocating layer of adminstration and bureaucracy overlaid on the services we need.

Now they have the results of the survey what are they going to do? Answer - absolutely nothing. But it's good to know!