House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islandape

Streetly, Sutton Coldfield

Here's a nice (that is, not a shoebox) flat in a good area of Sutton, just hop across the road and you are in the several square miles of woods and parkland that is Sutton Park. The aforesaid road gets busy at peak hours, but is generally not bad and the park more than makes up for that.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-658...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

The price says £295,000.

I had a look two months ago to check out the sound insulation from road nose (very good and with a forced air ventilation system so you can keep windows shut) so they got my details. Anyway, a very nice lady phoned up today telling me that there's a "special offer" on that flat - £250,000 :D

Interestingly, they hadn't sold a single one despite the very tasteful show flats.

IMHO, frankly, if you can't sell in this location in the Brum area then the market is stuffed.

Ah well, might be a nice ourchase for me if they knock another £50k off it :lol:

IMHO, frankly, if you can't sell in this location in the Brum area then the market is stuffed.

Ssshhhh...don't let people from Sutton Coldfield hear you say that it's actually part of Brum (even though it's a Brum postcode and phone number). Thant would knock thousands off the price. If my parents house had been the other side of Chester rd then it would have been worth about a third more, just because of the postcode :rolleyes:

I used to work at a riding school in Streetly, opposite the crematorium.

Ssshhhh...don't let people from Sutton Coldfield hear you say that it's actually part of Brum (even though it's a Brum postcode and phone number). Thant would knock thousands off the price. If my parents house had been the other side of Chester rd then it would have been worth about a third more, just because of the postcode :rolleyes:

I used to work at a riding school in Streetly, opposite the crematorium.

Of course, the wrong part of Streetly ends up under Walsall council :lol:

Of course, the wrong part of Streetly ends up under Walsall council :lol:

True, I'd forgotten that. :lol:

I also lived in Kingsbury over by you for about 4 or 5 years as a child.

I lived in Sutton Coldfield for about 9 years in a very smart drum up until 1970, apart from my earnings the wife was minting it from her two Pharmacies, Perry Barr and Great Barr.

We sold up everything and moved sticks to rural Cheshire because we thought everywhere was getting far to congested even then, Still keep in touch with the friends we have there, they tell me we did the right thing, the whole area is misery and totally gridlocked now, say's if he gets the timing wrong he cant get down the road from or back home because of all the front line battle group Scorpion tanks dropping of or picking kids up from school.

Sutton Park was very nice then, the Dragon used to ride her horse there, surprised they ain't built on that, Prescott probably has never been there yet.

Looking at those flats at a discounted quarter million £s my old place could be in or over the £1m bracket now, makes you wonder were the gelt comes from.