House Price Crash Forum

Licensed Agents - Every Bit As Duplicitous Here

inflating

HOLA441

Here in Poland, real estate agents have a licence.

Just want to report that of 4 I've dealt with, all 4 have been crap.

Most try to get me to sign a tenancy (AST) contract which seems to dilute my rights or suggest they are less than they are.

One promised to thoroughly check the workings of a flat before letting it to me -- he failed to even check the basics (I found them before signing)

Another put the price of a flat rent up before I viewed it and down after I rejected it -- although when I put in an offer before rejecting it they turned my offer down (just days later they reduced it 10%)

Another told me a flat was not available after I viewed it and tried to secure it (I offered the asking rent), but it was -- it was merely that the owner (walls plastered in crucifixes and angel ornaments) didn't like the look of me or (to quote her) said to my interpreter "how could I communicate with him, I don't speak English!" to which my interpreter replied "You can deal with me, and I relay messages to him."

Yet another ignores my repeated requests for a viewing of a flat so that he can offer it to his favourites first, and if they decline it only then do I get a viewing

Yet another landlord, on discovering I was English, at short notice dropped me and let it to a Pole. I know that for a fact. (No agent involved in that one.)

Licensing? Yeah, that works...