House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
New Bear

If Prices Go Down...

At work I have made no secret over the last three months of my view that house prices are set to fall. A few of my colleagues have listened but mostly the reaction has been to scoff at such an unlikely event. Now the mood has changed and the view is that if prices do fall then I'll be to blame. Crazy yes - but also interesting in that people are starting to consider that declines might just be possible. Anyone else had this sort of experience?

The correction will be your fault.

Influencing the market with your negative views!

Shame on you

:P

Seriously though I have noticed the response of others I discuss this with changing from "You're mad" not too long ago to "I'm not sure when the market will pick up again"

It's not hard to imagine that their attitude will change again.

Those that have a lot to lose (or already lost) will be looking for a scapegoat.

I can see HPC and HPCers coming in for a lot of flak when it all kicks off!

At work I have made no secret over the last three months of my view that house prices are set to fall. A few of my colleagues have listened but mostly the reaction has been to scoff at such an unlikely event. Now the mood has changed and the view is that if prices do fall then I'll be to blame. Crazy yes - but also interesting in that people are starting to consider that declines might just be possible. Anyone else had this sort of experience?

Interestingly, the people I work with also blame you - it'll be entirely your fault :angry:

Seriously though I have noticed the response of others I discuss this with changing from "You're mad" not too long ago to "I'm not sure when the market will pick up again"

It's not hard to imagine that their attitude will change again.

Those that have a lot to lose (or already lost) will be looking for a scapegoat.

I can see HPC and HPCers coming in for a lot of flak when it all kicks off!

last year, many of my friends had urged me to buy a house. I found that many of these had their own house

put for sale at that time. Later on I found that none of these could be sold and they had taken the houses off

the market. Now, I am noticing a change (though slight) in opinion among many of these people. They would

not publicly say that house prices are going to fall, buy they have started agreeing with me when I talk

about coming house price falls.

One thing I've noticed (in the office) apart from people's attitudes now being more accepting of house price falls, is that nobody has moved house recently.

Last year, there was always somebody moving house, or buying a flat, or looking around. This just doesn't come up in conversation anymore. Before you say it, they're not hiding it from the office bear! Nobody id moving full stop.

Anyone else notice this?

NDL

edit: added "(in the office)"

Edited by New Darker Law

People on this website have been at it for a LOT longer than 3 months, they haven't made it happen, so why would you?

People on this website have been at it for a LOT longer than 3 months, they haven't made it happen, so why would you?

You wanna stop taking yourself so seriously TTRTR!

They are probably just trying to get on with their lives. Emphasising the negatives and pitfalls of the near future is not going to make you popular.

I like being unpopular less people hassel me all day long, its this years black. ;)