House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teddyboy

Perfect For A "yough Professional Couple"

I am getting fded up of hearing about this perfect housebuyer they call "the young professional couple". Seen it last night on Property Ladder, where an EA said this house would be PERFECT for a "young professional couple" - Why?

It was grubby terrace that was refurbished. Don't know area, but did not look like the best part of town to me. If that's the case then why would these "professional" people live here? Surely thier expectation would be higher?

What is a young professional couple? Well if your professional would this include a nurse? Well there average salary is only about £18K - (please correct me). A lawyer? Well they would probably be 28-34 before they got near their peak earning potential. A solicitor? Would suspect that a solicitor, unless owning his company, would be a salary man with earning potentials peaking around 30-40 mark.

On top of this, whats the chances of living with another person who falls into the professional category?

I think these people DONT EXIST, or they are saying that you would have to have a good job, Both of you, to afford this sh*thole?

I am getting fded up of hearing about this perfect housebuyer they call "the young professional couple". Seen it last night on Property Ladder, where an EA said this house would be PERFECT for a "young professional couple" - Why?

It was grubby terrace that was refurbished. Don't know area, but did not look like the best part of town to me. If that's the case then why would these "professional" people live here?

Exactly, they're already queuing up to buy all those Luxury Apartments being built in every city and every town in the country by the thousands.

Hey teddyboy

Yes I agree am fed up with this "young prof couple" description as well. I watched abit of property ladder but turned over, i'm not sure where the house was, if it was near london?

You might get a shock with solictor wages in london though! In the city, even a newly qualified gets a very decent wage. But if working in a town you might be more on the mark with starting wages I think it depends on what area of law they are practising.

i'm not a solictor btw, my bf is thou.

i agree. its the one thing that makes me laugh about housing is this 'professional couple from the city'

i imagine him to be suited in city banker striped blue. breifcase with important city documents in. a copy of the times under his arm and a black umberlla. he would be about 27-35 and earning around £35-40kpa plus city bonuses. he would have a black face tag professional watch and eat sainsburys be good to yourself meals and enjoy wines and i suppose tuscany.

her. would be a lavish, dynamic legal eagle in the outskirts of bigtown. earning a substantial sum and driving a porsche 964 or soft top 220bhp audi TT. shes quite sa lady. she works all hours and is tidy. she often has cadburys fingers pyjama parties with her girly friends and loves nothing more that filming the undressing for any landlord she rents off and getting all choclatey. she has a preference for grubby, sink estate property in obscure northern towns, where she can commute from london to in 3.15 hours. she loves to read the guardian while pointing to things of consumerism within glossy magazines she keeps loosley on the chunky walnut american coffee table. her favourite artist is norman rockwell.

its the ultimate BTL wet dream.

it should carry the legal disclaimer

-Serving suggestion only.

Edited by right_freds_dead

Wouldn't it be funny if EA-jargon actually matched reality?

Would suit unusually rich young people who aren't fussy about about bankrupting themselves to buy a tiny home of the type the shop girl next door bought with no problems in 1999.

Guest Bart of Darkness
she has a preference for grubby, sink estate property in obscure northern towns, where she can commute from london to in 3.15 hours

Well who doesn't?

Maybe I should rent my council flat out to such a lady (thinking of those pyjama parties y'know!)

i agree. its the one thing that makes me laugh about housing is this 'professional couple from the city'

i imagine him to be suited in city banker striped blue. breifcase with important city documents in. a copy of the times under his arm and a black umberlla. he would be about 27-35 and earning around £35-40kpa plus city bonuses. he would have a black face tag professional watch and eat sainsburys be good to yourself meals and enjoy wines and i suppose tuscany.

her. would be a lavish, dynamic legal eagle in the outskirts of bigtown. earning a substantial sum and driving a porsche 964 or soft top 220bhp audi TT. shes quite sa lady. she works all hours and is tidy. she often has cadburys fingers pyjama parties with her girly friends and loves nothing more that filming the undressing for any landlord she rents off and getting all choclatey. she has a preference for grubby, sink estate property in obscure northern towns, where she can commute from london to in 3.15 hours. she loves to read the guardian while pointing to things of consumerism within glossy magazines she keeps loosley on the chunky walnut american coffee table. her favourite artist is norman rockwell.

yes, and who buys and rents ''executive'' flats??....All the executives i know live in detached houses.....

Same appiles to urban lifestyle flats......Even people of the type you describe, Fred,cant usually afford £250k for a property until they're 30 plus ...meaning they'll usually want a suburban semi rather than a loft in a part of Central Manchester so dodgy you'd never leave your car parked there.................

:lol::lol::lol: Edited by Michael

every person must have their nemisis.

for every city professional there is also the regional claimant.

he. a shell tracksuited individual with 4 convictions for petty crime. smokes rocky weed and rolls his own old holborn in between 5 litre bottles of white lighting cider. he manages to produce over 4 bags of litter each week and always misses the bin men on tuesdays. he has a selection of fine car parts he restores in the 2nd bedroom. his dog is called mazaratti and os a fiesty 3 year old staffordshire bull terrier. he eats nisa brand food he gets from iceland or netto. signs on tuesday mornings. hardly ever see him and hes changed the locks.

her name. creamella. shes a swift 17 year old mother of three from fleetwood, who having escaped from daz - her jealous and convicted boyfriend and father. ran to rent anything big with a garden. she sign on wednesdays. her kids love to felt tip your walls and bust up the fencing. shes aggressive, but if shes in the mood a lardlord can offer a reduction for additional serives. if you have any methamphetamine - shes the one to deal it for you. keep away on friday - monday as daz stays over and beats her with your new ikea coffee table you installed. the rice paper lamps got used as rizzlas and until someone breaks the back of the curry log he left in the toilet bowl, the loo wont flush properly.

this is the real city couple.

It was grubby terrace that was refurbished. Don't know area, but did not look like the best part of town to me. If that's the case then why would these "professional" people live here? Surely thier expectation would be higher?

What is a young professional couple? Well if your professional would this include a nurse? Well there average salary is only about £18K - (please correct me). A lawyer? Well they would probably be 28-34 before they got near their peak earning potential. A solicitor? Would suspect that a solicitor, unless owning his company, would be a salary man with earning potentials peaking around 30-40 mark.

On top of this, whats the chances of living with another person who falls into the professional category?

I think these people DONT EXIST, or they are saying that you would have to have a good job, Both of you, to afford this sh*thole?

Agreed but NuLab's "hard working families" bollacks pisses me off as well...

Yep, the professional couple tag is quite funny. Who are they? Numerous luxury flat builders advertise that they would be perfectly suited to their property. Perhaps they should consider Santa Clause aswell.

every person must have their nemisis.

for every city professional there is also the regional claimant.

he. a shell tracksuited individual with 4 convictions for petty crime. smokes rocky weed and rolls his own old holborn in between 5 litre bottles of white lighting cider. he manages to produce over 4 bags of litter each week and always misses the bin men on tuesdays. he has a selection of fine car parts he restores in the 2nd bedroom. his dog is called mazaratti and os a fiesty 3 year old staffordshire bull terrier. he eats nisa brand food he gets from iceland or netto. signs on tuesday mornings. hardly ever see him and hes changed the locks.

her name. creamella. shes a swift 17 year old mother of three from fleetwood, who having escaped from daz - her jealous and convicted boyfriend and father. ran to rent anything big with a garden. she sign on wednesdays. her kids love to felt tip your walls and bust up the fencing. shes aggressive, but if shes in the mood a lardlord can offer a reduction for additional serives. if you have any methamphetamine - shes the one to deal it for you. keep away on friday - monday as daz stays over and beats her with your new ikea coffee table you installed. the rice paper lamps got used as rizzlas and until someone breaks the back of the curry log he left in the toilet bowl, the loo wont flush properly.

the kind of detailed and colourful description that can only come from close personal experience or comic genius. Let the audience decide.

Is it not just a clever aspirational gimmick used by all sales people? How many "executive" houses really appeal to executives? My favorite is "loft style" apparments - to me that generates an image of a New York style appartment with tons of space, not a shoe box in an overcrowded mill conversion that happens to have an exposed brick wall......

I cant wait for the moment that I put my offer in on the house. Then when its accepted, I withdraw my offer as I have been dishonest.

[EA] "What dya mean, dishonest?"

[TB]"Well we are not really a 'young professional couple' we are in-fact 38 and 30 and work for ASDA I'm sorry, but we will have to leave this for those couples that this house is made for. It would be an injustice for us to rob this property from your marketed clientele"

[EA] "We dont care!!! Its just as suitable for you MR. BEAR"

[TB] "But the price you are charging for this heape of sh't requires at least one of on 30K plus", "I'm afraid we cant afford that, we were trying to be something we are not"

[EA] "What we meant was.... there was a young professional couple looking at this today and they were REALLY keen on the property, they even considerred putting in an offer, but I will let you have first refusal?"

[TB] "Nah.. yer all right! I'll just wait until I move up a few classes in society before trying to buy a starter home. I am obviously living in a dream world expecting an average house, for an average couple at an affordable price. Suppose crime is my only option to earn your silly prices"

"Wanna buy 50 psp's? This years IN-GADGET would suit a young professional executive like your goodself?"

R-F-D finish off the story will yer - your writing talents are far better than mine :)

TB

Edited by teddyboy

curry log he left in the toilet bowl, the loo wont flush properly.

"Curry log" - don't you mean cinnamon stick??

It doesn't surprise me that the loo wont flush properly! :huh:

People use bits of them in their 'pot purris'

Fred

You forgot to mention the Linda Barker designed "professional" lounge suite - from (who else) DFS!

She lounges about on it, rubbing her cheesy feet all over whilst wiping in the odd piece of toe jam to give them the "designer finish"

The pyjama party would really swing bragging about that ;)

Prize for the best guess @ the meaning of "D.F' - 'S'ofas

Err I know where you are coming from but do you need it explained to you? Its all about ******** marketing. Sell them a dream and they think they can live it. At the end of the day it matters nowt to the seller who sells if they indeed are young, professional, or even a couple, as they just want to sell and to sell it _sounds_ better than marketing to an old thick single simpleton. Money doesnt make taste just as music doesnt make soul. Its an attitude.