House Price Crash Forum

Clegg Warns Against Eu Migration

awaytogo

HOLA441
HOLA442

The thing is, most other EU countries had restrictions in the first few years after Poland joined, only UK and Ireland didn't.

This time, ALL other EU countries have had restrictions which expire 31st Dec this year. They can go to any EU country they want after 1st Jan. In fact, they can go to any country they want already, but need a permnit to be employed there. Here, you just register as self employed.

It surprises me in the figures in that article that 6% of Maltese nationals now live in the UK!

Edited by deflation

HOLA443

The thing is, most other EU countries had restrictions in the first few years after Poland joined, only UK and Ireland didn't.

This time, ALL other EU countries have had restrictions which expire 31st Dec this year. They can go to any EU country they want after 1st Jan. In fact, they can go to any country they want already, but need a permnit to be employed there. Here, you just register as self employed.

It surprises me in the figures in that article that 6% of Maltese nationals now live in the UK!

In how many EU countries could a couple with 2 children working 24 hours between them receive in-work benefits (tax credits) up to 10k plus immediately? Then there's housing, and registering as homeless the local authority legally has to house them. Does that happen elsewhere in the EU? I genuinely don't know.

HOLA444
HOLA445

The Bulgarians and Romanians will come here in their tens of thousands to join the gravy train and why not? Day one, self employed, free money, free housing and health care and even money for the kids left back home. This is what the EU is all about and it will be great for hotels who will be used to house them when councils have no properties left ... like in Westminster where families are being put up in local hotels.

Lets just see what happens with crime figures...

https://www.osac.gov/Pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=12282

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

They will come in there droves to try and join the benefit gravy train.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21518466

I remember the estimates of the number of polish which would come to this country, i think it was about 50k that figure was completely shot out of the water.

..only fools predict migration numbers ..those with sense manage and control migration...we have people with no sense appointed and therefore there will be no control.... :rolleyes:

HOLA449

And the homeless figures?

I was under the impression that we had a housing crisis, or are we not suposed to mention that now?.

There was a bit of a outcry a few weeks ago about the rising number of homeless in London, and to my surprise the first one they interviewed was a out of work polish guy who apparently was jobless and had exhausted his rights to benefits( don't know how that works) but still had no intention of returning to his own country,

Edited by awaytogo

HOLA4410

The deputy prime minister added that Labour's incorrect prediction had "undermined much of the fabric of public support for immigration" and caused "the loss of confidence" in it.

He added that "one of the reasons that happened" was because Labour "were bandying around guesstimates".

Trust Clegg to only give part of the picture.

It wasn't only that Labour mislead people about the number of settlers likely to come and indeed quoted relatively small numbers as maximum figures but when the numbers were turning out to be in the hundreds of thousands if not millions they tried to pretend it wasn't happening and lied and twisted about the full extent and made no effort to limit it.

For sure the tories and LibDems would also have had a fair idea of what was going on as well as the true numbers but they weren't letting on to the UK people - and weren't offering any opposition to the policy worthy of the name.

Likely the exact same will happen again with the new influx.

He's just full of it - along with the other lots.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413