House Price Crash Forum

Rhodium's price continues to rise and this could be the start of a bubble, especially with $600/oz increase this month. My reasoning behind this is...

1. Historical charts show there have been several spikes in the price since the 1970's. https://www.kitco.com/charts/historicalrhodium.html so maybe we're due another one.

2. Not many people are aware of Rhodium but thanks to the internet more eyes are on it now.

3. Also due to the internet it is much easier to invest in Rhodium than in the past.

4. I am massively biased and want the above to be true.

It is only within the past few years that Rhodium has been able to be manufactured into assayed 99.9 pure bars / coins. Previously only available  in a messy powder form.

Most Rhodium comes from South Africa and Russia. It is getting problematic for miners in South Africa. Eskom provides 95% of SA electricity.

Eskom is now pretty much controlled by the ANC and is failing to provide electricity. Huge recent power cuts and price increases. There is a SA financial website called moneyweb which has some good info on the SA situation.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Now over £4000/oz and the price rises are accelerating. The current spike in the rhodium charts is mirroring the early stages of the previous spike 2004 - 2008.

I have no idea how long this will continue and am trying to work out when to sell.

If the price continues to shoot up towards the previous ATH I should sell before it beats the previous high as the crash will be swift.

If some of the other PM's crash while Rh is still rising I would probably sell and buy them instead.

Does anyone else have an exit strategy?

Rh2000.gif

• 4 months later...
21 hours ago, Hecto said:

Looked at Rhodium per 1 ounce bar price during the day and it was £4900 ex VAT, now about 5 hours later it is well over £5800 ex VAT !

And now £6300! It looks like it could break it's previous records pretty soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I've sold up, cheers Rhodium you've been very generous. If these corona virus inspired price drops continue I'll have a look at some other precious metals. Silver and Platinum are currently winning the race to the bottom but if Rhodium drops back down to 2016 prices I'm definitely back in.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

It's still on the rise! When I sold mine last year it was £7.5k/oz and I was sure it would collapse during lockdown, so until it does I'll sit on the sidelines and watch the show. It might eventually crash if electric vehicles replace fossil fuel and hybrids, but until then it looks like Rh will continue to go up.