House Price Crash Forum

Tesco Buying Gold

HOLA441
HOLA442

Just saw an advert for this pop up whilst browsing the web...

https://www.tescogoldexchange.com/

Who needs the Bank of England? I await our new overlords. Hail Tesco!

I was looking at Tesco mortgages the other day. Seemed quite reasonable. The Bank of England don't offer 24/7 opening times and free parking like my local store either.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

If housing/land wasn't so expensive there would be more compeition and a healthier high street.

The big supermarkets plonk themselves where land is relatively cheap but at the same time the large areas they occupy tends to drive up prices in nearby residential/high street shopping zones.

The councils (and government through supporting house prices etc ) are complicit in it as they likely offer deals to attract the supermarkets but as a consequence high street shops have to pay more.

It's another offshoot consequence of the VI property scam.

Edited by billybong

HOLA447

If housing/land wasn't so expensive there would be more compeition and a healthier high street.

The big supermarkets plonk themselves where land is relatively cheap but at the same time the large areas they occupy tends to drive up prices in nearby residential/high street shopping zones.

The councils (and government through supporting house prices etc ) are complicit in it as they likely offer deals to attract the supermarkets but as a consequence high street shops have to pay more.

It's another offshoot consequence of the VI property scam.

Amen to this. High land value has pretty much destroyed local economies and communities.

HOLA448

Well, as far as I can see, Swansea City Council don't want people to go to the town centre.

They drive them away with mad bus lanes and high parking charges.

The only people who go there are those that go by bus and they are poor and do not have the spending power to keep the centre going.

The City Idiots fail to realise that car parks are the commercial lungs of a town centre.

Tesco know this.

It would be better to privatise our city council entirely and let Tesco run the place.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413