House Price Crash Forum

Apartments Near Endcliffe Park Sheffield

So there was a development of a large amount of luxury apartments built a few years ago I think they were Foxglove house 41 Riverdale Road and BLUEBELL HOUSE, 43 RIVERDALE ROAD, SHEFFIELD. They are on the edge of Endcliffe park.

They were nice apartments in a nice area but definitely trying to appeal to types who are impressed with the words 'exclusive' and 'executive' and were overprice accordingly.

A few months ago, when I was more active on Rightmove, I use to search round this area and would periodically amuse myself by searching for apartments and finding literally pages and pages of pretty much the whole development up for sale all up for around the same price and none of them shifting. After a brief hiatus from rightmove I cannot find any trace of them, not for rent or any record of them having sold; it's like they all disappeared overnight!

Anyone know what happened to them I can't even find evidence they ever existed other than that I drive past them (and what I can tell most looked unlived in). Although I did fing this:-

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-14535069.html

Anyone shed any light?

Thanks

So there was a development of a large amount of luxury apartments built a few years ago I think they were Foxglove house 41 Riverdale Road and BLUEBELL HOUSE, 43 RIVERDALE ROAD, SHEFFIELD. They are on the edge of Endcliffe park.

They were nice apartments in a nice area but definitely trying to appeal to types who are impressed with the words 'exclusive' and 'executive' and were overprice accordingly.

A few months ago, when I was more active on Rightmove, I use to search round this area and would periodically amuse myself by searching for apartments and finding literally pages and pages of pretty much the whole development up for sale all up for around the same price and none of them shifting. After a brief hiatus from rightmove I cannot find any trace of them, not for rent or any record of them having sold; it's like they all disappeared overnight!

Anyone know what happened to them I can't even find evidence they ever existed other than that I drive past them (and what I can tell most looked unlived in). Although I did fing this:-

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-14535069.html

Anyone shed any light?

Thanks

• 8 months later...

Dear fleabag,

No 9 Sold £500,00 2010.

Most of the rest seem to have occupants!

Cant fid any records for Number 4?

Bonner

I have been past these apartments a lot over the last few months at different time of day and I can say for definite that the majority are certainly not lived in. Walked past today and wandered through the complex and could see that almost all had absolutely no signs of life;no furniture or curatins or anything. Add to this there are only 2 ever lit up in the evening which I think are the only 2 that have tenants. Also noticed the communal areas are completely unmaintained and overgrown which is weird for a high end complex that's only a few years old.

I'm just baffled as to why some nice apartments in a nice area that were on the market as finished apartments ready to move in would sit empty when they could fetch a decent rent?

I'm assuming there is some sort of legal issue here- maybe they are assets of a bankrupt group/individual?