House Price Crash Forum
what_goes_up...

Strange Letter From Letting Agent.. Are They Selling Up?

Hello all at HPC.

I've been lurking for a while and have never felt the need to post, but now I have a reason, here goes.

Myself and partner have been renting a house from a letting agent for the past 2 years and have been very happy doing so whilst saving a bit of money at the same time.

Today I recieved a somewhat strange letter from the agent, it reads as follows:-

Dear (names removed)

RE: (address removed)

We have been asked to contact you on behalf of the owner of your property who wishes her daughter, (name given but removed), to view the property as she will be assisting in the running of the property portfolio of properties owned by Castle Court (Canturbury) Ltd.

To this end, they would like to attend on (date removed) at approximately 2 pm.

If you have any problems with this appointment, would you please contact us as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,

(name removed).

end.

Now I have tried googling "Castle Court (Canterbury) Ltd" and can not find a business of that name, which makes me wonder why our landlady's daughter would want to look at the property we are renting.......

Has anybody heard of this business at all? What are the chances of our tennanncy agreement being renewed in a few months time..

Any advise/suggestions would be appreciated. I'm off to google "squatters right's" ;);)

Yes, they can. As long as it is outside of the fixed term, then they can do whatever they want. However let me point out they cannot increase the rent without the correct legal procedures, however they can ask you to leave, and evict on a Section 21, without any reason!