House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Tickle

Mr Tickles Putting An Offer Forward ..

It pains me in many ways, but I've had enough of living in limbo, I want my family to be settled.

We've found a property, need to do a second view, then I think we'll be putting an offer in, it'll be fairly low, but realistic, 13.5% below the asking, and it will be a first, full and final offer.

The property won't overstretch us, even if rates hit 20%.

This whole correction is taking tooo long for me and mine, if we wait for the correction (if it ever comes) by the time the family home is ours the family will have left and got married etc!I'll let you know over the next few weeks how the negotiations go, the offer may be dismissed out of hand ...... it'll be an interesting experiment non the less :lol:

It pains me in many ways, but I've had enough of living in limbo, I want my family to be settled.

We've found a property, need to do a second view, then I think we'll be putting an offer in, it'll be fairly low, but realistic, 13.5% below the asking, and it will be a first, full and final offer.

This whole correction is taking tooo long for me and mine, if we wait for the correction (if it ever comes) by the time the family home is ours the family will have left and got married etc!I'll let you know over the next few weeks how the negotiations go, the offer may be dismissed out of hand ...... it'll be an interesting experiment non the less :lol:

I wonder if you would mind telling us which region of the country you are in and how your salary compares with the local average.

Sounds like you can easily afford the property - so you are either earning a packet or ....?

I feel like this from time to time.But every time i see a property i am keen on, then look up the previous prices on housprices.co.uk i think ...f*ck it...why the hell should i pay an extra 60k over what they paid just 3 or 4 years ago. It always brings me to my senses.

I have a large 6 figure sum, made essentially from property, and a couple of 'biggy' business deals from about 4 years ago.

So financing the property is not a proplem, a smallish mortgage (by comparison to todays outrageous standards).

But just as I can afford to, it doesn't mean I want to pay OTT, or just throw money away ...... theres no one likes to deal more than me :cool:

Good luck, I know where you`re coming from, we need/could do with a bigger place, viewing on Wednesday a place bought by a BMV player off a distressed seller in July. I`ll probably offer 10K more than they paid. Still 100K cheaper than an immaculate one 4 doors down. Shite location right by a busy road, needs a complete renovation, but 6 bedrooms. The kids are really excited at the possibility.

Very strange market, very strange times, so many houses appear to have been for sale for ages but hardly anyone will drop their price. We`re fortunate in as much as I don`t have to sell our current home straight away in order to buy.

You can afford it, it will make you and Mrs Tickle happier, and as long as you don't mind the fact that the it might be worth less than you paid for it for as much as a decade, then good luck to you. I'd probably do the same if I wasn't happy renting and had the kind of lump sum you have. If you're going to live there twenty years, it makes no odds what you pay for it now, it will be worth a lot more then and your mortgage will be paid off.

Burn the heretic! :angry: No, joking, good luck... :)

LOL :lol:

Probably come to nothing anyway ........ I shall be offering what we're willing to pay ........... and its only just come to Market.

Will report back to let you all know how it goes.