House Price Crash Forum

98000 new starts last year, Pickles keeps disagreeing with Neil 1% versus 11% increase haha

I think Pickles is going to have a heart attack,

Blimey HOUSE PRICES ARE TOO HIGH SHIT A BRICK

Edit again, immigration expected to be at least twice as high as new starts.

Prices determined by supply and demand.

Edited by frederico

Not much of a grilling more a light toasting.

My first question after he gave his figures which bear no relation to the ONS ones would be, "So who is lying you or the ONS ?"

Basically Pickels had someone do his research found out it was bad news, so answer to this problem is lie.

98000 new starts last year, Pickles keeps disagreeing with Neil 1% versus 11% increase haha

I think Pickles is going to have a heart attack,

Blimey HOUSE PRICES ARE TOO HIGH SHIT A BRICK

Edit again, immigration expected to be at least twice as high as new starts.

Prices determined by supply and demand.

Yup pickles slowly turning a shade of red every time andrew neil shot down his new start stats.

Pretty depressing really, first pickles claims rising housebuilding levels, then claims he does not recognise the numbers proving contrary to his claims, then he tries to claim labour were worse, again disproven.

So if boles has the ear of cameron and the plan is to build, how does this square with the apparent M.O of manipulating supply downwards and demand through immigration upwards?

I do not believe immigration is the main culprit in driving up houseprices, maybe rentals.

Who says these romanians and bulgarians even have jobs to come to when they get here. :lol:

The hpc has to come, this is just a desperate rearguard action.

A couple of hundred thousand Romanian/Bulgarians heading mainly for the East end of London this time next year?

Pickles says 'I've not seen any numbers!' then 2 minutes later said 'He's not confident in any numbers' then 2 minutes later says 'He's seen all the numbers but can't be confident that they are correct.'

Neil asks 'Without giving a number do the numbers worry you?' Pickles just repeats 'He's not confident in the numbers'

FFS, this is his own Department providing the numbers and this is less than a year away.

Thank god I'm 200 miles away but even if I was a BTL Slum Landlord in that area would I want to deal with those people?? No thanks

Suggest anyone living in that area at the moment gets out quick, your own countries politicians does not give a damn about you..

A couple of hundred thousand Romanian/Bulgarians heading mainly for the East end of London this time next year?

Pickles says 'I've not seen any numbers!' then 2 minutes later said 'He's not confident in any numbers' then 2 minutes later says 'He's seen all the numbers but can't be confident that they are correct.'

Neil asks 'Without giving a number do the numbers worry you?' Pickles just repeats 'He's not confident in the numbers'

FFS, this is his own Department providing the numbers and this is less than a year away.

Thank god I'm 200 miles away but even if I was a BTL Slum Landlord in that area would I want to deal with those people?? No thanks

Suggest anyone living in that area at the moment gets out quick, your own countries politicians does not give a damn about you..

Absolutely - I think a lot of people don't realise that the various nations in Eastern Europe are very different from one another. The Poles are in the main hard-working and civil. The Romanians and Bulgarians are... not.

When they start coming here in their millions (and they will) whole towns and cities are going to be ruined. It is going to be a nightmare. And as you say, even many British slumlords are going to struggle!!

Absolutely - I think a lot of people don't realise that the various nations in Eastern Europe are very different from one another. The Poles are in the main hard-working and civil. The Romanians and Bulgarians are... not.

When they start coming here in their millions (and they will) whole towns and cities are going to be ruined. It is going to be a nightmare. And as you say, even many British slumlords are going to struggle!!

I agree,they will come in their droves. Many are already here coming over as adult students, had one at my work. absolute plonker, didnt last long and that was on temp contract.He said he was house sharing with a half dozen other romanians in the same situation.

I cant see the work here to sustain them, it was a different economic situation 9-10 years ago, are they entitled to jobseekers and HB from the get go?

I agree,they will come in their droves. Many are already here coming over as adult students, had one at my work. absolute plonker, didnt last long and that was on temp contract.He said he was house sharing with a half dozen other romanians in the same situation.

I cant see the work here to sustain them, it was a different economic situation 9-10 years ago, are they entitled to jobseekers and HB from the get go?

When Poles were allowed in, most countries had transitional arrangements, but the UK didn't, plus there are historical relationships with Poland since WWII.

When Romania and Bulgaria gain full accession in 2014, they can go to any EU country they like. There are large Romanian communities in Spain and Italy already and their populations are much less than the 8 country expansion in 2004.

As already stated, there are many so-called 'self employed' and 'students' here already, nevertheless there will be thousands coming, but I doubt it'll be the tidal wave the Daily Hate predicts.

Edit: oops, should have been 2014 for accession, not 2004. Changed.

Edited by deflation

When Poles were allowed in, most countries had transitional arrangements, but the UK didn't, plus there are historical relationships with Poland since WWII.

When Romania and Bulgaria gain full accession in 2004, they can go to any EU country they like. There are large Romanian communities in Spain and Italy already and their populations are much less than the 8 country expansion in 2004.

As already stated, there are many so-called 'self employed' and 'students' here already, nevertheless there will be thousands coming, but I doubt it'll be the tidal wave the Daily Hate predicts.

I would hazard a guess that most of the romanians and bulgarians would decide against joining the jobless queue in spain and italy, the high levels of unemploymet cant be that attractive, in italy they are openly loathed by government and population.

Uk as bad as it is here, must look better than spain and italy in terms of employment. The government was wrong before about the amount of poles coming over last time, im not confident they will get the numbers right with the romanians and bulgarians.Hell, they get the numbers wrong in every sphere of life.

I hate the daily mail, its a digusting rag, but I fear that with the state of the european economy, the uk will look very attractive. How this affects the HPC is the real question.

How much longer can b2l keep going, wouldnt this be a shot in the arm to slum lords, with average rents rising?

We have this misconception in the west that eastern europeans are "hard working" but thats just down to the fact that they have a work-or-starve choice ingrained in their psyche which we missinterpred as some sort of morality based ethic but you will discover just how illusory that ethic is when you offer them any other choice whatsoever.

Also contempt for strangers, a total disregard for the environment in which they live, widespread acceptance of hustling, corruption and organised crime, deep resentment and envy of anyone better off, are if anything even stronger cultural imperatives. This especially true of countries who are culturally closer to russia/ukraine than to western europe, so poles are probable at the least-worst end but Bol/Rom are at the bad end of the spectrum ...

I would hazard a guess that most of the romanians and bulgarians would decide against joining the jobless queue in spain and italy, the high levels of unemploymet cant be that attractive, in italy they are openly loathed by government and population.

Uk as bad as it is here, must look better than spain and italy in terms of employment. The government was wrong before about the amount of poles coming over last time, im not confident they will get the numbers right with the romanians and bulgarians.Hell, they get the numbers wrong in every sphere of life.

I hate the daily mail, its a digusting rag, but I fear that with the state of the european economy, the uk will look very attractive. How this affects the HPC is the real question.

How much longer can b2l keep going, wouldnt this be a shot in the arm to slum lords, with average rents rising?

Good points, however, the attractivity if you like is currently maintained by unaffordable borrowing.

The Romanians are already exploiting the UK system in terms of the numbers who are selling the Big Issue throughout UK cities. They are certainly a significant presence in mine as I am sure they are in yours.

Theresa May was asked in October what the Government intended to do about this potential influx from December 2013. She gave a weak poorly thought through response.

We are now 3 months closer to the event and Pickles as a Government spokesman is just as clueless.

I am truly concerned that we will be faced with a different level of immigrant behaviour come the influx of the Romanians and Bulgarians, and they will not be confined to London. No city will be immune if the diaspora of Romanian Big Issue sellers is anything to go by.

Successive Governments have not protected the British population and society from these immigration waves, and seem to be sleep walking into the next wave, despite the current mia culpa emanating from certain Labour politicians.

It is always a case of talking about closing the stable doors after the event.

I've always had the feeling that at the heart of the 'Eurpoean Project' is the need to stop any more world wars emanating from Europe.

As part of that, and for its own aggrandisement, one purpose of the EU is to destroy racially pure 'nations' and to emascualte national governments on the basis that they would be less likely to wage war.

You're right. And they're right too - they've stopped wars between nations. However we're now going to see war within nations the European state.

Edited by Chuffy Chuffnell

Pickles - what a f*cking idiot.

No clear idea about anything, number of houses, policy on housing.

No idea about what is going to happen when the next lot of immigrants from the EU come here - or any suggested number.

I can't wait to leave this place.

Was watching the latest episode of Max Keiser on tinternet before, as Reggie Middleton said, sterling and this country is toast. I give it 5 years max before it just slides down the pan.

No idea about what is going to happen when the next lot of immigrants from the EU come here - or any suggested number.

snip

yes, these are the elites that are planning our demise....NOT!

cockups, not planning are what are dictating things.

About 27.15

After talking about the £50 chicken (if chicken prices had risen like house prices).

Q - Do you think that house prices are too high?"

A - "Well it's the one thing that's a pure market (pause) driven it's not controlled by government."

Unfortunately the interviewer cut him off near the end of the sentence and spoke over the last word so the last word isn't totally clear.

"Pure market driven" - that's a laugh.

"Well it's the one thing that's a pure market driven it's not controlled by government." - that's an even bigger laugh.

Edited by billybong

I've always had the feeling that at the heart of the 'Eurpoean Project' is the need to stop any more world wars emanating from Europe.

As part of that, and for its own aggrandisement, one purpose of the EU is to destroy racially pure 'nations' and to emascualte national governments on the basis that they would be less likely to wage war.

Of course they just need to look across the pond to America to see the lie to that proposition - where it is power and capital that drives such behaviour.

Nuclear weapons stopped world wars IMO, it is not going to happen in Europe again. People are more travelled now and more open to other cultures, they are not going to demonise another country enough to fight a war with them? Anyway good luck conscripting a bunch of british chavs for a war with Germany of France, aint going to happen.

About 27.15

After talking about the £50 chicken (if chicken prices had risen like house prices).

Q - Do you think that house prices are too high?"

A - "Well it's the one thing that's a pure market driven it's not controlled by government."

Unfortunately the interviewer cut him off near the end of the sentence and spoke over the last word so the last word isn't totally clear.

"Pure market driven" - that's a laugh.

"Well it's the one thing that's a pure market driven it's not controlled by government." - that's an even bigger laugh.

The fat eejit wishes a load of romanians would come over and pile into his BTL, but it is not going to happen again on the same scale as last time, a bit like the wall of cheap credit. I have just been stranded at work overnight with as disabled guy (he is cool, good company and no problem) and will have to go back in soon because they can`t get anyone to cover sickness now. Three years ago they had a relief worker list as long as your arm with African and Polish workers desperate for shifts. Something has changed, they are not flocking to Scotland any more as far as I can see?

Pickles/Shapps/Green/Osborne/Cameron have known about Romania/Bulgaria since before they came to power

How many council houses have they built in the last 3 years?

How many houses are they planning to build?

The fat eejit wishes a load of romanians would come over and pile into his BTL,

They will. Whether they'll pay any rent and not eventually leave the place literally covered in sh!t is another matter.

I have just been stranded at work overnight with as disabled guy (he is cool, good company and no problem) and will have to go back in soon because they can`t get anyone to cover sickness now. Three years ago they had a relief worker list as long as your arm with African and Polish workers desperate for shifts. Something has changed, they are not flocking to Scotland any more as far as I can see?

Can't or won't?

I can't wait to leave this place.

Was watching the latest episode of Max Keiser on tinternet before, as Reggie Middleton said, sterling and this country is toast. I give it 5 years max before it just slides down the pan.

Indeed, looking back, that is the point and he should have been slaughtered on it, they should know all the numbers and be well prepared,

They just look at the figures and then blame labour.

Indeed, looking back, that is the point and he should have been slaughtered on it, they should know all the numbers and be well prepared,

They just look at the figures and then blame labour.

yeah, cameron was full on about curbing immigration when he was in opposition, like a lot of things, he is now quiet about the whole situation.

I guess they like to think of themselves as non-interventionist, free movement of labour being double plus good for our glorious free market economy. :lol:

but if you are willing to make a hefty donation they will let you write government policy. <_<

I think theres an element of just being lazy buggers only interested in playing politics going on, all short term maneuvering and posturing.No real inspired ideas or leadership.

This will just turbo charge support for ukip, will have to check up on what they say about housing.

Seems to me he has been persuaded by 'someone' that a change of relationship with the EU is needed. Announcement on a referendum soon I reckon. Discussed on radio today, with a proposal of having it on the same day as the next General Election so that whoever wins is pinned to it.