House Price Crash Forum

Aberdeen?

HOLA441
HOLA442

Does anybody on the street know what Aberdeens housing market is like ??

Are there any auction houses in Scotland or nea rhte North where I can monitor what is happening every quarter??

Del.

Not sure about the City itself, but the NE coast above Aberdeen has seen double digit over the last 2 years. Still bargains to be had.

HOLA443

There is no downturn in Aberdeen prices at the moment. In fact the market looks very strong for this time of year. Have a look at www.aspc.co.uk this is where 99% of houses are advertised. If you check this site you will see that a significanrt number of properties are shown as being under offer. Also this is not a true picture as the solicitors often don't bother to indicate that a property is under offer. As far as I am aware there are no auctions for houses. Remember also that unless a property is advertised at a fixed price, the normal procedure is for offers to be 10% to 30% over the adverised price. Even when a property is advertised at a fixed price and you make an offer you can be gazzumped. Sorry, not a very rosy picture for buyers I'm afraid.