House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dom

Happy Mondays?

Okay..

As far as I could see the only economists who suggested that rates would drop were those concerend soley with the slow down in spending.. and the house market..

Essentially those that said rates would drop were whose who coulnd't see that perhaps keeping debt building was best avoided.

The Status Quo as it was caused the issues that we are seeing.

lowering rates would onlt squeeze out a little longer of false growth before it all collapsed..

just causing the collapse to be delayed and then from a greater height when it happened.

True economists who looked at the whole picture.. not just UK domestic, but worldwide have been calling out for higher rates for ages...

If I have been able to see this for over a year now I am shocked that it has taken this long for supposed professionals to catch up

including our resident economic experts, TTRTR & Economic Sensation

lets hope they can explain on Thursday why they have been so FOOLISH :blink:

Hold your horses. The short sterling rate for december has gone from 95.40 on Wedensday to 95.38 today. That's gone from pricing in a 40% probability of a rate rise to a 48% probability.

Hold your horses. The short sterling rate for december has gone from 95.40 on Wedensday to 95.38 today. That's gone from pricing in a 40% probability of a rate rise to a 48% probability.

How does that work? Does it mean 52% chance of a fall or, as I suspect, 52% chance of either a fall or staying the same?