House Price Crash Forum

https://yourcounciljobs.co.uk/jobdetails.aspx/19267/People_Change_Manager/?sMinimumSalary=40000&sMaximumSalary=0&sJobTypeLook=-1&sSimple&SAuthority_id=4

People Change Manager

Ref: ACE13/19267

Employer: Oldham Council

Salary: £42,491 - £45,116 p.a.

Salary Grade: SM3

Working Pattern: Full Time

Working Hours: 36.40 per week

Contract Type: Permanent

Closing date: 21/01/2013 23:59

Job Type: Human Resources, Senior Management

Interview Date: 31 January 2013

Apply now

A key opportunity at the heart of People Services, the People Change Manager will lead the development of a People Change Centre of Excellence.

You will directly manage and lead a People Change Centre of Excellence within the People Strategy Function. This function will provide organisation development capability to the council and ensure that people related projects, which enable the council to meet its strategic priorities, are successfully delivered.

To be equal to the challenge, you’ll need a professional track record in the full life cycle of people change interventions and a demonstrable track record in delivering long term benefits to the business. You will need clear evidence of working in a complex environment.

We welcome applications from people who live in the Oldham Borough.

Internal Applications will be considered first.

Please note the council has introduced a requirement for employees to take three days unpaid leave (pro rata for part time and term time only employees) during the leave year. In your first year the number of days that you will be required to take will be in proportion to the completed calendar months of service between your commencement date and the 31st March 2013.

Payment for these 3 additional days will be deducted from pay in equal amounts from annual salary at the rate of 1.15% of your gross contractual pay per calendar month. This will be effective until 31st March 2015.

So we've got no lollypop people but this ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-20962121

Oldham Council axes funding for school lollipop patrols

Schools in Oldham are to lose their crossing patrols unless they raise the funds themselves after the council axed the service to cut costs.

The borough council, which spends £187,000 a year on lollipop men and women, needs to cut £31m from its budget over the next two years

To be equal to the challenge, you’ll need a professional track record in the full life cycle of people change interventions and a demonstrable track record in delivering long term benefits to the business. You will need clear evidence of working in a complex environment.

I love this meaningless bo11ock.

What's this job actually for?

It's a meaningless word wang of corporate b****hit in order to justify yet more council non jobbery and the raiding of public finances.

Oldham, the worse paid town in England? http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1025918_worst_paid_town_in_england

Not if you work for the bloody council it isn't! :blink:

Edited by JustAnotherProle

The sad thing is that this is the type of garbage that should be the victim of Evil Tory Cuts; the truth being that jobs like this will continue to exist at our expense when many essential services have been abolished.

Private sector version:

http://www.michaelpage.co.uk/job-display/1121487/people-change-manager-sap-transformation.html

Our Telecoms client based near Reading is seeking a People Change Manager for 3 months to rollout a SAP Transformation programme across three different business units in Europe.
Candidates need to have had:

• Experience implementing global people change programs for a blue-chip company

• SharePoint experience is a must and the client would also like to see Oracle or Hyperion planning experience

• Strong understanding of end to end programme lifecycle phases and interdependencies

• Project planning skills (ideally SharePoint for financial planning) to ensure that the change activities are appropriately scoped, planned and resourced across all activities

• Strong project management skills, to ensure that governance and reporting activities are followed in a disciplined and timely manner

Business change planning and assessment experience in order to show:

 Change resource plans

 Integrated Change and People Readiness Plan

 Global Stakeholder Plan

 Status Reports

 Risks, Issues and Dependency Logs

 Stakeholder Plans

 Change Readiness Assessments

 Change Impact Assessment

 Communications Strategy and Plan

 Learning Journey Plan

 Learning Journey Material and Content

Yes, but the advert says temporary, £350/370 for three months. Is that per term, per month, per week or per hour? Sounds like you need an awful lot of BS experience to do that job...

Well, yes, I should have put a question mark after equivalent. Basically, it's an HR position and the original job advert gives no clues as the nature of the change involved. Looks like an internal job they are obliged to advertise. It will certainly go to someone already in the Council, for whom the job advert has been tailored.

Q

Ah, People change. I'm relieved. I was fearing something along the lines of medical experiments.

One place I used to work with appointed a Director of Global Transformation.

I was kind of hoping for some kind of wizard-like character.

In reality he just spent his days sacking people and doubling the survivors' workloads.

Quite disappointing really.

One place I used to work with appointed a Director of Global Transformation.

I was kind of hoping for some kind of wizard-like character.

In reality he just spent his days sacking people and doubling the survivors' workloads.

Quite disappointing really.

On a trip to the Czech Republic I met a chap once with a very exciting job title that translated as "Alien Liason Officer"... sadly he just dealt with immigration issues :(

It sounds like the sort of job that will go to some very self important 'large' woman like the one played by Matt Lucas in the 'Fat Fighters' sketches in 'Little Britain.' She will spend most of her time with flipcharts or sitting behind desks with lots of bottles of fizzy water and note pads on them, talking twaddle all day, then puffing her way out to the car park to drive back to her oversized Barrat home (probably stopping off at a supermarket for some cakes). Either that or some spivvy bloke (probably called Derek) in a cheap suit with the sleeves too long, like a more PC version of 'Finchie' from 'The Office'.

Sacking the lollipop men/women by the sounds of it

(private sector firms I've worked for would pay their hatchet men six figures for that sort of dirty work. They're doing it on the cheap)

Sacking the lollipop men/women by the sounds of it

(private sector firms I've worked for would pay their hatchet men six figures for that sort of dirty work. They're doing it on the cheap)

So this job ad may actually be a sign that this council is planning to reduce headcount?

Here goes with a quick play at devils adocate ...

I've heard that the average cost of an unfair dismissal tribunal (whether successful or not) to an employer is about five thousand pounds. Often employers will try to settle with the employee for a little less than this figure to avoid hassle.

Presumably Oldham is going to be laying off lots of people shortly as a result of central government reducing their funding.

Suppose that without a compentent People Change Officer, the council manages to seriously piss off 30 of those laid off employees, who go on to bring unfair dismissal claims.

If Oldham manage to hire a People Change Officer who somehow ensures only half those employees bring unfair dismissal claims, they've more than paid for their salary ...

I've heard that the average cost of an unfair dismissal tribunal (whether successful or not) to an employer is about five thousand pounds. Often employers will try to settle with the employee for a little less than this figure to avoid hassle.

Presumably Oldham is going to be laying off lots of people shortly as a result of central government reducing their funding.

Suppose that without a compentent People Change Officer, the council manages to seriously piss off 30 of those laid off employees, who go on to bring unfair dismissal claims.

If Oldham manage to hire a People Change Officer who somehow ensures only half those employees bring unfair dismissal claims, they've more than paid for their salary ...

They are stopping employing 40 lollipop people ... (Cost 5k each pa)

Probably right but isn't that the sort of job that gets done by a hired-in person rather than a full time employee?

I actually got offered a job by the hatchet man who was brought in to sack me! I declined as I had already accepted another job but it felt a bit strange, like the Grim Reaper asking you to help carry his scythe!

Internal applications are to be considered first. This means they already have their eye on someone...and it will be a backdoor payrise for the favoured person.

Just what skills do the rest of management have if they cant decide who is genuinely redundant and who they just want to piss off.