House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
non-FTBer

New Hometrack

Seems hometrack have changed their web site some.

You can quickly get into lots of data for recent sale prices without paying, but you then have to pay for more detailed price reports.

They also show a regional price movement index for the previous month along with % paid against asking.

In my area it is -1.4% in october, and only 90% achieved against asking price...... Dr Bubbs crash speed is here in Somerset!

HT_local.jpg

Nice to see.

The detail actually shows:

Detached: 0%

Semi: -2%

Terrace: 0%

Flats: -2%

continuing with a rate of 1.4% per month (I think it is going to increase lots over christmas and the new year) would extrapolate to YoY falls of about 21%..... so I don't think I'll be buying just yet.

But this would mean in 1 years time (at these rates of falls, and the % paid against asking) I should be looking to pay no more than 70% of todays asking prices.... this is going to be so messy. I think the current repo and bankruptcy figures are nothing compared to what is to come.

Anybody live in an area that can beat 1.4% monthly falls, or 90% against asking price??

Edit: Forgot to mention.... it also appears that hometrack have removed their 'Demand index' that shows properties for sale vs new buyers...... maybe it was just getting a bit too depressing??

post-692-1131359583_thumb.jpg

Edited by non-FTBer

Here's the direct links to the October reports.

http://www.hometrack.co.uk/press/Hometrack...ober%202005.pdf

http://www.hometrack.co.uk/press/Hometrack...ober%202005.pdf

They're surprisingly bearish for Hometrack and the charts highlight the desperation of the current media bull-fest.

Along with the city's change of sentiment on interest rates this shows that there are still reasons for the bears to be optimistic.

Edited by HPCheese