House Price Crash Forum

"trouble Abroad" - Homes Abroad Gone Wrong

HOLA441

First case is a retired banker blowing it all on online poker. Got my popcorn out.

Edit: He went home, she stayed in France. I'm already annoyed by the sight of a nice BMW and 2 motorcycle helmets on the sideboard, but using a foodbank.

Spain next.

Edited by deflation

HOLA442
HOLA443

It must be the way you can get to live in the USA at short notice, buy a business. I thought you only got 90 days a year otherwise.

It sounds like they were taken advantage of but maybe the chance to jump the queue to be a 'resident' blinded any due diligence.

HOLA444

It must be the way you can get to live in the USA at short notice, buy a business. I thought you only got 90 days a year otherwise.

It sounds like they were taken advantage of but maybe the chance to jump the queue to be a 'resident' blinded any due diligence.

Yep, you can buy a business - think it has to be 250K at least and you have to employ some Americans. Loads of Brits have been shafted in this way simply due to the collapse in small business revenues.

It is a real dodgy thing as you can only stay there for aslong as you own the business. Even when you come to retire you have to come back to Blighty - unless you have begun the long, long, long process to become a full Yank.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Yep, you can buy a business - think it has to be 250K at least and you have to employ some Americans. Loads of Brits have been shafted in this way simply due to the collapse in small business revenues.

It is a real dodgy thing as you can only stay there for aslong as you own the business. Even when you come to retire you have to come back to Blighty - unless you have begun the long, long, long process to become a full Yank.

or mexican.

HOLA448

Seems Sandy is allowed to work. Not the full story here (yes I'm nosy!), perhaps she has dual citizenship or a green card from previously living and working there.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Mental.

None of these people are 'poor'.

Poor, life choices yes, but not poor. I mean why doesn't that woman who clearly lives in a massive house, (with land) in France and has been using the food banks in France for 3 years grow some of her own veg?

I guess it's the belief of self entitlement, didn't she say at the start 'we were millionaires'.

She wouldn't give a flying feck about anyone around her if she had her way......

BF

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Poor, life choices yes, but not poor. I mean why doesn't that woman who clearly lives in a massive house, (with land) in France and has been using the food banks in France for 3 years grow some of her own veg?

I guess it's the belief of self entitlement, didn't she say at the start 'we were millionaires'.

The idle rich are also idle when they're poor. I saw this, at the end it said they had raised enough to start their 'property management' company and one of them was going to be an artist. How much do you need to start a property management company, 30 quid for a pay as you go mobile? And as we all know theres gold in them thaar amateur water paintings.

Not hard up at all really, or they couldnt afford to do so little. Arsing about just as much as they were when living off their husbands, old habits die hard!

Some people just will not work.