House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spline

Soft Landing

In homage to a poster on SP, thread here:

http://www.singingpig.co.uk/discussion/forum/?f=41&m=85769

Rosi writes ...

I’ve discovered this fantastic new fast-track investment vehicle, and as things have been going quite well for me, I thought I’d post to keep you all in the picture. :)

I admit that having only recently started and am still near the bottom of the cushion ladder, having so far purchased a set of Habitat Target floor cushions and one pair of slightly upmarket floral jacquard loom cushions in a tasteful lime green, but am now looking to extend my cushion portfolio to include a handful of Liberty William Morris peacock feather types with sequins.

Obviously, I’ve had to stretch the zero-percent CCs a bit to get started, and then refinance these initial purchases to grow the portfolio, but I’m now in a position to consider the off-plan purchase of some Mulberry ones with feathers via a buying club. A friend of mine has attended a cushion investment seminar last weekend, actually quite a bargain as only paid £1500 and cleverly split the cost with a complete stranger, and has with the help of their mentoring service been able to source a BMV purchase of two very desirable silk Gothic cushions with the tassels included in the price. And another friend has acquired several pairs of Buy-to-Sell Burberry Tartans on a quite attractive no-money-down deal.

Anyway, fingers crossed, and my portfolio is growing nicely with annualised cushion price inflation of 15% comfortably exceeding the financing costs, but I’m a bit concerned that several cushion analysts (especially those nasty doomsters on that CushionPriceCrash.co.uk website) are saying that cushions are currently far too ‘plumped up’ and are warning of a possible cushion crash expected just after Xmas. Obviously they’re just disgruntled wingers who are unable to afford their own cushions and have to live with a bear sofa, but I do admit to being slightly worried as I’m quite highly leveraged and a fall in cushion values could easily wipe out my equity. I still believe in the soft landing scenario but was wondering if anyone knows of a good way to hedge cushions? :o

R.

[Apologies, just couldn't resist posting it]

Edited by spline