House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Warwickshire Lad

One Of The Most Ridiculous Things I've Ever Read

How on earth do you describe an article like the one I just found on the Kenilworth Today website? Stupid? Desperate? Idiotic? Shameful?

I just had to post it to here really get a sanity check - that I could have feasted my eyes on such an overwhelming pile of dirge from the media house of crap.

http://www.kenilworthtoday.co.uk/ViewArtic...ticleID=1244746

Is this really the most inventive way ever to try and put gloss on the fact that house prices in Kenilworth (a district near me) have dropped markedly in the past year from £250,771 to £217,836 ?

And the figure is correct - just look at the UpMyStreet graph :-

http://www.upmystreet.com/property/prices/...Kenilworth.html

But what's amazing is that the main thrust of the article actually suggests that house prices are going to start rising again because ... and wait for it ... a new supermarket is opening in the area.

It really is one of the most ridiculous articles I've ever, ever read.

Who is getting paid to write and then publish this complete lunacy ? I may even give them a ring to find out.

But what's amazing is that the main thrust of the article actually suggests that house prices are going to start rising again because ... and wait for it ... a new supermarket is opening in the area.

Who is getting paid to write and then publish this complete lunacy ? I may even give them a ring to find out.

Sorry, but you either buy a house OR shop at Waitrose, you can't afford to do BOTH. ;)

Give'em a ring.

It's classic bubble or post bubble in this case. People try and rationalise the reason why houses have risen so much. Like those tossers on property ladder - they do up a house cost 10,000 this of course adds 40,000 to the property price and somehow this is rational. Cities with universities have risen more than those without - of course this is to do with Student demand rather than middle class parents buying into the bubble!! You also see it with things like the olympics no real value added but people still buy into the bubble, push up prices and believe the hype.

pretty desperate stuff. and gushy. one day the people of that town will wake up to a crap hole what no one can afford to move into or will want work for a waste of time even trying.

let them have their ever increasing housing wealth.